Where's The Tee Gone?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
It appears to be a thing that when driving, if the tee goes behind you it is a good shot

Is there any element of truth to this or is it an urban myth?

I dont think the tee material or colour or design makes any difference apart from pink castle tees obvs (y)

sjw

Visit site
Got to be rubbish, hasn't it? I hit some great drives last night (280+ total, probably 230-240 carry) and I don't think the tee went backwards once.

LizAig

Visit site
I was told that - that if you strike straight through the ball the tee will spin straight back!! I never hit draw or fade and it tends to be behind me on good shots but maybe I just remember the times it did go back!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
It appears to be a thing that when driving, if the tee goes behind you it is a good shot

I dont think the tee material or colour or design makes any difference apart from pink castle tees obvs (y)

What about orange castles… asking for a friend

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Although according to a taylormade clip on Facebook I saw this evening, Tiger uses very short tees 🤷‍♂️. They suggested he was in a minority of 1 though 😄
Playing yesterday, I had a bit of a moan about the fact that my drives tend to go too high, and wishing I had a lower trajectory as that would equate to more distance. ( I'm also prone to a bit of a slice.) I normally use a pink tee.

One of my PP's said why don't you try one of my white ones? I took him up on his offer on the 12th. The results surprised me. Height was much the same as before, but every drive went straight as an arrow, no hint of a slice at all. My driving was so good, I went into the pro shop afterwards and splashed out on a packet of white tees.

Here's hoping it continues!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was always told that your tee should go right and forward??

If you don’t want your wooden ones to break wiggle them forward and backwards before hitting.!

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site

That’s a very old quote. Suspect it may have been right to a certain extent but swings and kit have changed massively since I first heard that.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I was told the same thing regarding tee flight, many moons ago.

In the old days I do recall that some of my good shots resulted in the tee going backwards, and I was always happy to find it behind me. These days though, a good shot usually results in the tee staying put.

My tees only break when I don’t hit up on the ball, which is quite often of late as I’m mostly duck hooking it….😳