Votes: 11 4.9%
  • I don't care as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way

Votes: 187 83.1%
  • I am now aware of HNSP etiquette and will be using it in the future

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 15344

You know well that I am not suggesting that for one moment.

But every time you post on here you keep suggesting people are because they don't follow this etiquette rule you were informed of by some guy from Glasgow - you may not realise it but that's exactly what is happening

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
But every time you post on here you keep suggesting people are because they don't follow this etiquette rule you were informed of by some guy from Glasgow - you may not realise it but that's exactly what is happening

Groan - I can't help what folks choose to read into what I write but that is not my intention. And it wasn't just 'some guy from Glasgow' - it is what I have understood and had confirmed over the years I have played by others by their actions.

However it is now VERY clear to me that most others here don't recognise what I have been advocating as pretty basic etiquette. And that does surprise me.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
However it is now VERY clear to me that most others here don't recognise what I have been advocating as pretty basic etiquette. And that does surprise me.

Groan, and the fact that they don't proves, beyond all reasonable doubt, that it is not current golfing etiquette. If it were then the vast majority of golfers would carry it out.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Basic etiquette is to stand quietly in a position where you and your shadow will not distract your FC, whilst allowing you the best opportunity to watch your FC's ball. End of.

D

Deleted member 15344

Groan - I can't help what folks choose to read into what I write but that is not my intention. And it wasn't just 'some guy from Glasgow' - it is what I have understood and had confirmed over the years I have played by others by their actions.

Because people see basic etiquette as keeping quiet and still whilst their FC is taking their shot with the position that they stand irrelevant

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To me it is fairly simple, etiquette in all areas of life, not only golf, evolves over time. When people feel something is no longer necessary/ appropriate etc etc then accepted standards and norms change.

Given that the game of golf is surviving quite nicely without the rigid application of this HNSP or whatever you call it, would suggest quite strongly that it is no longer the a part of the required etiquette of golf.

The modern etiquette in regard to the tee box is to stand in a position that is acceptable to whoever is teeing off, to keep quiet and to keep still.

Stevie

That is was exactly the same as my take on it. So why are you not on the receiving end of the abuse I have been getting

My argument all along is with people on here telling me that the position where you stood on the tee was absolute rubbish, something that Hogan and I [and about 20 others on this thread] had somehow invented, set in stone and was something all golfers had to adhere to.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why the need to lock the thread ? Surely it will come to a natural end on its own accord

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Anyway, I've joined a new club today, and one of the selling points was that jeans were allowed in the Clubhouse (not on the course obviously). I can play off the whites whenever I want and my kids are more than welcome to join me after a round... So I'm in a good mood..... Happy Golfing...:thup:

Where is this mythical place, it sounds like a vision in a dream, is it Xanadu?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
no one is forced to read. locking threads is censorship. It is unnecessary as we are all adults.

censorship.png

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Phil, you should see it from my side of the fence.

I am very disappointed by the reaction of a few on here and will be crossing them off my Xmas card list.

I would hope that I'm not one of the guilty parties. I don't think that I've been abusive in any way, shape or form, but I am aware that sometimes offence is taken without any intention. If I have insulted anyone then please have my apologies. I think that this thread has stayed just on the right side of "banter" for the vast majority of its lifespan...:eek: