Driver off the deck, yes or no?

RichA

Visit site
Old man's alley.
Down the middle, down the middle, 8 iron chip and run, 2 putts
5 nett 4, 2 points.
Thank you
The guy I mentioned usually sticks the chip to dustbin lid range and rarely 2 putts.
It gives me hope for my senior years while sickening me when I'm trying to play "proper" golf shots and mostly getting hammered by him.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The guy I mentioned usually sticks the chip to dustbin lid range and rarely 2 putts.
It gives me hope for my senior years while sickening me when I'm trying to play "proper" golf shots and mostly getting hammered by him.
Is he OMP from Golf Mates?? 😄

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
One of my favourite shots, especially into wind and or on firm fairways. Just don't hit it fat, but thin is fine, and allow for a bit of left to right.. Not as much carry as my three wood, but plenty of run.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
This thread inspired me to try it for the first time today.
In a 4BBB match, hit my my tee shot OB, so being 3 off the tee with nothing to lose, tried driver for the next shot.
Topped it about 100 yards.
Don't think I'll try it again :ROFLMAO:

Arleneg

Visit site
I've given it a shot a few times. It’s a whole different ball game hitting off the deck. When it goes well, it’s awesome—those low, piercing shots really roll out. But, I’ve also had some rough ones where I just didn’t get the contact right. If you’re solid with your fairway woods, it might be better to stick with them, but it’s definitely worth a try if you’re up for experimenting.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
This thread inspired me to try it for the first time today.
In a 4BBB match, hit my my tee shot OB, so being 3 off the tee with nothing to lose, tried driver for the next shot.
Topped it about 100 yards.
Don't think I'll try it again :ROFLMAO:
why didnt you re-tee it?