• I don't care as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way

Votes: 187 83.1%
  • I am now aware of HNSP etiquette and will be using it in the future

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you think it can make1000 posts by midnight?

I can guarantee it won't. ;)

Is it time for this to be put to bed? Or keep this thread just for folk to wander in and argue and moan which will mean the rest of the forum should be clear of it :whoo:

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Excellent post Phil, but I was taught that is was frowned upon not to go the right hand side of the tee and it has been a shock to learn that not everyone does/was taught this.

Out of interest, when you have played at away courses have you noticed where other competitors or PP have stood?

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can guarantee it won't. ;)

Is it time for this to be put to bed? Or keep this thread just for folk to wander in and argue and moan which will mean the rest of the forum should be clear of it :whoo:

I understand why you wanted discussion all on one thread butbitnwas a shame to have closed a useful poll

D

Deleted member 15344

Agree the poll was useful

Is it possible to merge the two threads ?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I understand why you wanted discussion all on one thread butbitnwas a shame to have closed a useful poll

The other option would be to merge both threads, but that might totally confuse things

the poll started as a poll, but then started discussing the same things as on the main thread, so we ended up with 2 threads on the same subject

Hope that explains the thinking (yes it was thought about) behind it

D

Deleted member 15344

I vote for a merge as opposed to just adding a new poll :thup:

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The other option would be to merge both threads, but that might totally confuse things

the poll started as a poll, but then started discussing the same things as on the main thread, so we ended up with 2 threads on the same subject

Hope that explains the thinking (yes it was thought about) behind it
Well we often have multiple threads on best ball to use in winter, forum driving distances etc but you don't close them threads. Some consistency is needed I think :D

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Right after all that faffing about they are merged and the "old" poll is on here.

And that ends my meaningful contribution to this thread :lol:

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Excellent post Phil, but I was taught that is was frowned upon not to go the right hand side of the tee and it has been a shock to learn that not everyone does/was taught this.
So everyone you have ever played with has always gone to stand to face player on tee, even when approach path is on opposite side?

D

Deleted member 15344

Right after all that faffing about they are merged and the "old" poll is on here.

And that ends my meaningful contribution to this thread :lol:

Looks good :thup:

The good news is that common sense is still winning the battle :D