• I don't care as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way

Votes: 187 83.1%
  • I am now aware of HNSP etiquette and will be using it in the future

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I did play once with a much loathed member at my club who was ultra bossy. He decided that everywhere I stood required a "please will you move" after a couple of requests and a few choice words he didn't ask again, one of the reasons was that I, along with most of the club wouldn't and still won't, play with him.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
can someone who is a member of another golf forum copy 'n' paste the OP and post on another forum? would be interesting to see if it gets 18,200+ views and nearly 800 replies.
Or will they be sensible and sort it out in 5 replies like common sense normal people :whoo:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
can someone who is a member of another golf forum copy 'n' paste the OP and post on another forum? would be interesting to see if it gets 18,200+ views and nearly 800 replies.
Or will they be sensible and sort it out in 5 replies like common sense normal people :whoo:

Thinking about this thread makes me wonder if I've stumbled upon the set of "Idiocracy".

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I can't believer this thread is still going!

From the R&A website on Etiquette - Consideration for other players:

No Disturbance or Distraction

You should always show consideration for other players on the course and take care not to not disturb their play by moving, talking or making unnecessary noise.

You should also ensure that any electronic devices taken onto the course don't distract other players.

Only tee your ball up when it's your turn to play and remember not to stand close to the ball, directly behind it, or directly behind the hole, when a player is about to swing.

On the Putting Green
On the putting green, you should be careful not stand on another player’s line of putt or, when he is putting, cast a shadow over his line.

And you should remain on or close to the putting green until all other players in the group have holed out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are a playing partner or a caddie, you should also not stand behind the line of a players swing as this is considered as assistance in Rule 14-2b

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I did play once with a much loathed member at my club who was ultra bossy. He decided that everywhere I stood required a "please will you move" after a couple of requests and a few choice words he didn't ask again, one of the reasons was that I, along with most of the club wouldn't and still won't, play with him.

We have a Junior at our club who goes ballastic if any other player in the group as much as breathes or bats an eyelid while he is taking his shot! It will be interesting to see how he gets on if he ever makes the European Tour! Could be another Colin Montgomerie!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
We have a Junior at our club who goes ballastic if any other player in the group as much as breathes or bats an eyelid while he is taking his shot! It will be interesting to see how he gets on if he ever makes the European Tour! Could be another Colin Montgomerie!

with that attitude/character fault I sincerely doubt he will make it to these heady heights

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I played this morning with the intention of standing in the supposed correct place on every hole. I got to the first tee and decided I couldn't be bothered and stood with the rest of my group in the positions we normally stand, no-one was asked to move, that's good enough for me.

D

Deleted member 15344

I played this morning with the intention of standing in the supposed correct place on every hole. I got to the first tee and decided I couldn't be bothered and stood with the rest of my group in the positions we normally stand, no-one was asked to move, that's good enough for me.

Exactly how we were this morning - not one person in our group ever stood in this supposed "correct position"

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Re: Where Playing Partners Stand when I tee off POLL

Because most club golfers will have the good sense to stand in a safe position when someone is driving, not one that will put them in danger.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Exactly how we were this morning - not one person in our group ever stood in this supposed "correct position"

I stood in the HNSP 8 times yesterday, but only because 8 out of 18 of our tee paths are on that side.

Actually that's a fib. I stood 4 times at the back of the tee as my playing partner was driving into the sun.
Of course I asked him each time was he OK with me standing there, even though I was standing there purely for his benefit.