• I don't care as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way

Votes: 187 83.1%
  • I am now aware of HNSP etiquette and will be using it in the future

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not reading through 60 pages of posts, so this, my point of view may have been covered, but I'll generally stand behind the person teeing off, that is so their back is towards me, that way I'm not in their line of sight or peripheral vision. Of course that changes dependent on where the sun is and where my shadow is cast, in which case I will stand so as not to cast a shadow that may be distracting to them if at all avoidable.

I will stand to the side of the person teeing up looking down the line when the sun is facing so I can track the ball flight, that I think is good manners and courteous, and ultimately speeds up play as you don't have to spend time looking for a ball.

Other than the above, stay out of site of the person teeing up and keep quiet.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right, this thread needs this......

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (etc)

Thats better.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Right, this thread needs this......

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (etc)

Thats better.

What we need is a new impetus for this thread as it seems to be stagnating...

Sooooooo, what biscuit should we be eating whilst waiting for our PP's to tee off? I'm sticking with Chocolate Hob Nobs......

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What we need is a new impetus for this thread as it seems to be stagnating...

Sooooooo, what biscuit should we be eating whilst waiting for our PP's to tee off? I'm sticking with Chocolate Hob Nobs......

Now we're talking....

next forum meet I'm gonna pull out a 24 bag multi-pack of walkers and shake BBQ beef to the bottom, so as not to offend my PP's if they were to pick them out. And if one PP is stood the other side of the tee box I'll simply pick for them and lob the packet over the top of teeing players head, ensuring they remain out of peripheral vision.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
should you have one hand or both hands in your pockets when waiting at the tee? and should coins be allowed in pockets prior to teeing off?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Love it that this keeps going without needing my involvement to stir it up a bit :)

So I'll note that I find it disappointing that there seem to be many here who are happy to dismiss out of hand what I honestly believed to be a bit of universally understood etiquette; who are happy to make up their own version of what is deemed acceptable without actually knowing what their PP feel; and who view what I suggested as a complete joke and what I do simply the actions of an anal eccentric. And I think I can recall only one individual on this forum who had not heard of what I thought to be the etiquette accept that this may be something they had missed and either adopt it (as it is as easy to adopt as it is to ignore) or who will check with their professional or other senior or experienced member.

There seems to be a view that as 'I haven't heard of this and nether I nor my mates do this, then I will continue to do what suits me regardless of what someone else might suggest' and 'Ask my professional - why would I do that? - I might find out that that eedjit SILH was right all along' :)

peace be with you :cool:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And in response to @Allanxyz - yes - odd as you might think - I do walk from one side of the tee to the other if a left hander follows a right hander or vice versa - and it takes no time as I do it as one player walks off the tee and the next on to it.

Can you take a video next time, speed it up, put Benny Hill music in the background for us, please.

We've got a little bald fella for hire also, haven't we scouser, and a left hander, if you need us to cast it.