• I don't care as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way

Votes: 187 83.1%
  • I am now aware of HNSP etiquette and will be using it in the future

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
This thread is missing definitive parameters!! (Should also enable it to drag on for a few more pages)

If I stand in your favoured spot how far away from you is okay?

We've established that standing 15yds behind your back is ok, at what distance does this become an issue?

Standing behind the ball line is a necessary evil sometimes, how far back do you want us?

Once all these are clarified, simply make a template which you can quickly lay out as you get to the tee and then everyone's a winner :)

Happy to help ;)

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
This thread is missing definitive parameters!! (Should also enable it to drag on for a few more pages)

If I stand in your favoured spot how far away from you is okay?

We've established that standing 15yds behind your back is ok, at what distance does this become an issue?

Standing behind the ball line is a necessary evil sometimes, how far back do you want us?

Once all these are clarified, simply make a template which you can quickly lay out as you get to the tee and then everyone's a winner :)

Happy to help ;)

Maybe we need "waiting to play" tees... little blocks that define the right place to stand between whilst someone else is playing!

What about the caddies?
If we all have a caddie, that could be six of us trying to squeeze into the perfect spot!

Last edited:

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe we need "waiting to play" tees... little blocks that define the right place to stand between whilst someone else is playing!

A circled area like a DZ! Yes, that's the simple answer!

Oh wait, what if zones are too small - large person discriminatory!

Oh no!!! :(

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

What about the caddies?
If we all have a caddie, that could be six of us trying to squeeze into the perfect spot!

How about a bench? Not a memorial one for 'old Percy who loved this place', but a football style bench. We could be stripped, ready for action, also in the appropriate place.

I think clubs have neglected this for too long. I recommend SLH could set a 'where to stand' consultancy service.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Please don't take offence to this, but are you serious that you actually do this on a regular basis? If a right hander plays, then followed by a leftie, you will walk to the other side of the tee-box in between their tee shots? And when you do this do the other members of your group follow you, or just remain where they are?

I do - yes - whenever I am playing with a left-hander - which is actually quite rare. I tend to mutter something along the lines of "oh - left-hander - other-side". This is simply what I was taught, have had reinforced into me over the years, and now just what I do naturally - it doesn't feel weird or forced or anything - it's just what I do.

And others tend to swap also if they have been standing close to the side of the tee. I don't know whether they do this for the same reason as I do or whether they just follow me. I don't know and don't ask.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

The tees at my course simply aren't big enough for everything we're gonna need:
we need the tee area itself (however wide & 2 clubs deep),
the right handers PP standing zone,
the left handers FC standing zone,
the playing into the sun standing zone,
the DMD using zone,
the caddies standing zone for right handers,
the caddies standing zone for left handers,
trolley park for left handers,
trolley park for right handers,
buggy park for right handers,
buggy park for left handers,
ball cleaner,
staircase on each side of the tee (for those blind tee shots over the brow of a hill)

Anything else?

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
The tees at my course simply aren't big enough for everything we're gonna need:
we need the tee area itself (however wide & 2 clubs deep),
the right handers PP standing zone,
the left handers FC standing zone,
the playing into the sun standing zone,
the DMD using zone,
the caddies standing zone for right handers,
the caddies standing zone for left handers,
trolley park for left handers,
trolley park for right handers,
buggy park for right handers,
buggy park for left handers,
ball cleaner,
staircase on each side of the tee (for those blind tee shots over the brow of a hill)

Anything else?

Wall to bash your head against?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Earlier on you insisted that the most important thing was to do/stand where the person driving wants, and even though a lot of people aren't really bothered where others stand while waiting, they should be aware of what the player on the tee desires.

I personally would find it off putting if others were wandering from one side of the tee to the other, so that I had PPs at my back and my front. I'd prefer that others choose a side and stuck to it.

If I and my left handed FC asked that you stuck to one side of the tee, would you do so, or would "doing the right thing" prevail?

I would always do what my PPs asked - the whole point is that standing facing your FC was what I was told most players were most comfortable with. If it bothered someone I clearly wouldn't as it would be counter to the simple objective - Where does the player about to play feel most comfortable with me standing - without him having to ask me to move there. And that's it.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
How about a bench? Not a memorial one for 'old Percy who loved this place', but a football style bench. We could be stripped, ready for action, also in the appropriate place.

I think clubs have neglected this for too long. I recommend SLH could set a 'where to stand' consultancy service.

This is the kind of thinking we need!!

Bench not secured so it can be transported to other side of tee for left hookers of course ! ;)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

I realise that I actually sit through a lot of my partners tee shots, and get quite grumpy when there is no seat available. Must be an age thing, though some of them do take forever to hit the ball.:whistle:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I realise that I actually sit through a lot of my partners tee shots, and get quite grumpy when there is no seat available. Must be an age thing, though some of them do take forever to hit the ball.:whistle:

So casting your mind back - did you sit on the bench at the back of the 6th tee at my track when you played there last year? :)

Bet you did as a little climb up from 5th green and a wait on the tee as it's a par 3.