Votes: 187 83.1%
  • I am now aware of HNSP etiquette and will be using it in the future

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well spotted sir!

The tee markers are only very rarely at the back of the tee - and it is a very long tee front to back.

But surely they'd still be behind the player teeing off looking down the line and I think that we all agree that is not the done thing to do. Maybe next time you're there you should move the bench to the side of the tee facing a right handed player. But if the sun was setting ahead of the tee you might have to move it back. ;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
But surely they'd still be behind the player teeing off looking down the line and I think that we all agree that is not the done thing to do. Maybe next time you're there you should move the bench to the side of the tee facing a right handed player. But if the sun was setting ahead of the tee you might have to move it back. ;)

This has occurred to me - but it is fixed in position.

mefromhere

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd rather somebody stands 10 yards behind the ball than 3 yards away face to face, but at the end of the day if you can't see them it doesn't matter! I might stand in a different place on every tee this weekend and see if I get asked to move wherever I stand. 18th tee on Sunday I might try standing with a foot either side of the ball as I imagine that will be the first time somebody has an issue with where I am

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
18th tee on Sunday I might try standing with a foot either side of the ball as I imagine that will be the first time somebody has an issue with where I am

As long as you are standing sideways facing the player it should be ok. If you are standing looking down the fairway/down the line of the shot then there might be a problem.

D

Deleted member 1147

I am just admiring what a terrible position the photographer who took you avatar picture has taken up.....

Bad man.:D

I can't believe it took 590 posts before one of us noticed

Last edited by a moderator:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have been thunking about this and think there may be a business opportunity here. How about adjustable teeing off blinkers? Clip them on and they blank out anything outside your own preferred tee box comfort zone.

Here is a clip of a prototype I knocked together. What do you think ? :cool:

View attachment 8754

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have been thunking about this and think there may be a business opportunity here. How about adjustable teeing off blinkers? Clip them on and they blank out anything outside your own preferred tee box comfort zone.

View attachment 8754

Could you add ear muffs to the design to block out noise as well?

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site

View attachment 8754
SocketRocket's course is definitely closed...This man has way too much time on his hands