• I don't care as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way

Votes: 187 83.1%
  • I am now aware of HNSP etiquette and will be using it in the future

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why do so many folk have a problem with No18 on the etiquitte list.
In my entire golfing life only a handful of 'golfers' have ever stood there when on the tee and I would consider them to be either dim or rude if they did.

I don't think people do have an issue with no.18 on the list, but you will note it does not say you must be facing the player teeing off.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In my entire golfing life only a handful of 'golfers' have ever stood there when on the tee and I would consider them to be either dim or rude if they did.

No-one has an issue with number 18, but tell me where it says you should stand facing the player?

Fish

Banned
Visit site

18) Remember not to stand close to the ball, I'm not if I'm stood behind them (their back) on the path, bank or tee box. directly behind it, I'm not unless asked to watch down the line of the fairway due to sun. or directly behind the hole, I'm not when they are putting, when a player is about to swing.

Nothing about not being able to stand behind them, as in their back!

D

Deleted member 1147

I can't believe the Jackson Pollocks on here. I have never knowingly worried about where I stand, other than to ensure my shadow doesn't encroach the area the FC is using. Other than that I stand where I like, keep still and keep quiet. I can honestly say by using this simple Homer approach (patent pending) I have never been asked to move in memory. All this crap about convention etc is rubbish. I was taught etiquette by the likes of Dan Maskell who knew a thing or too about decorum and upbringing. He never once said it was "convention" or had to be done in a certain way other than to do what I still do as above.

If I was being perfectly blunt and you were being so OCD about where you wanted me to stand I would suggest this would filter into other areas and if I'm honest I think there are probably more enjoyable partners to play with and I wouldn't be rushing to repeat the experience

You may get some stick for your posts Homer, but I gotta agree with this one :thup:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
This thread is available to download for Kindle, Kindle Fire and as a Podcast

Episode two, the follow up to 'Where Playing Partners Stand when I tee off', titled 'Where Fellow Competitors Stand when I tee off' is expected to be released next week!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
This thread is available to download for Kindle, Kindle Fire and as a Podcast

Episode two, the follow up to 'Where Playing Partners Stand when I tee off', titled 'Where Fellow Competitors Stand when I tee off' is expected to be released next week!

What about the DVD and film rights?

It is starting to get a bit repetitive now, anyone got anything new and useful to add?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Do we all agree on the following.......
1. It's not a good idea to stand behind the ball looking down the line unless asked to.
2. Sometimes in certain circumstances it's acceptable to stand facing the players back.
3. When certain circumstances allow, most players will stand facing the players front or slightly behind.

D

Deleted member 1147

1. It's not a good idea to stand behind the ball looking down the line unless asked to.
2. Sometimes in certain circumstances it's acceptable to stand facing the players back.
3. When certain circumstances allow, most players will stand facing the players front or slightly behind.

Seems reasonable

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

As long as no-one is trying to force their opinion on me as unsubstantiated fact, I don't care what we do :D

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I can see someone wanting to change that to...

2. At all times you should attempt to stand facing the players front or slightly behind.
2. Sometimes in certain circumstances it's allowed to stand facing the players back when theirs nowhere else to stand.

:smirk:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

No. Wheres the fun in agreeing with ANYTHING said on this forum

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'll stick to what the R&A say on the matter.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I beg to differ, there are many posts on here saying it is OK to stand on the tee behind the player.

You see Doon.......I actually read that as do not stand directly,as in in the players swing path, so as not to get battered by his club as he swings and hee haw to do with standing behind at a safe distance and quietly as I do on many an occasion.

Seriously.......I read that as elf and safety not etiquette pish.

S

Snelly

I can see someone wanting to change that to...

2. At all times you should attempt to stand facing the players front or slightly behind.
2. Sometimes in certain circumstances it's allowed to stand facing the players back when theirs nowhere else to stand.

Perfect, nice work. I agree with this and it sums up my view nicely.

Apart from the numbering and the use of the word "theirs."

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
516 replies

all about where to stand still when someones teeing off.

If it wasn't so funny it would be sad:rolleyes:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Perfect, nice work. I agree with this and it sums up my view nicely.

Apart from the numbering and the use of the word "theirs."

I know, people who get there, their and they're mixed up really get on my wick, I think their all idiots!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I know, people who get there, their and they're mixed up really get on my wick, I think their all idiots!

Well I'm sorry for being an idiot, I didn't do well at school but I still came out quite well in the end, sorry if it gets on your wick, knob!