• I don't care as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way

Votes: 187 83.1%
  • I am now aware of HNSP etiquette and will be using it in the future

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I think Doon must have right in a very early post when he said that this was a generational thing.

If Swingsitlikehoagn and Doon (who have been playing for many years) say that it's what they were taught then I'm fine with that.

I'm off to look in my Willie Park Junior book to see if it's mentioned there.

D

Deleted member 15344

Excellent, now you know where to stand.

Yep - where I'm most comfortable and able to help my FC when ball spotting, whether that be behind him or to the side or behind the flight of the ball or by my bag. Not once have I ever encountered a standing issue on the tee.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep - where I'm most comfortable and able to help my FC when ball spotting, whether that be behind him or to the side or behind the flight of the ball or by my bag. Not once have I ever encountered a standing issue on the tee.
Peover golf club would prefer you to stand on the right hand side of the tee:whistle:
http://www.peovergolfclub.co.uk/etiquette.php
On the tee, always go over to the right side of the tee to watch another player. This is crucial for safety. Remember that the other person may hit their drive, not be satisfied with it and then take a practice swing while you are possibly walking forward to take up your position.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Peover golf club would prefer you to stand on the right hand side of the tee:whistle:
On the tee, always go over to the right side of the tee to watch another player. This is crucial for safety. Remember that the other person may hit their drive, not be satisfied with it and then take a practice swing while you are possibly walking forward to take up your position.

No lefties at that club then?

D

Deleted member 15344

What if a left hander is playing and doesn't like people behind him ?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk

They also say this "Never get ahead of a player" - which is absolute tosh

D

Deleted member 15344

One would assume you'd use common sense and for a left handed player reverse the suggestion !!

At last the vital saying has appeared - common sense. People use their own common sense to judge where to stand on the tee.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think Doon must have right in a very early post when he said that this was a generational thing.

If Swingsitlikehoagn and Doon (who have been playing for many years) say that it's what they were taught then I'm fine with that.

I'm off to look in my Willie Park Junior book to see if it's mentioned there.

It is still current as it is in the R&A advice.
It's just that many folk choose to ignore it, good example on this thread.
I thought I had landed on another planet there for a while.

It shows how golf can evolve so quickly.
There are so many propriety clubs around who just want your money that the influence of 'Club Membership' in the old fashioned way is sadly diminished.

PS Most left handed players are aware of being on the wrong side and tend to just get on with it.
If it is a fourball I always ask a new L/H player what they would prefer us to do before play. Never had one who wanted us to swop round.

Last edited: