Votes: 11 4.9%
  • I don't care as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way

Votes: 187 83.1%
  • I am now aware of HNSP etiquette and will be using it in the future

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 15344

Someone wanting to teach beginners not to embarrass themselves.

I'd be embarrassed giving them that list

Beginners wouldn't last long - they would look at that list and think what a bunch of sanctimonious rubbish and walk away from the game.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have no idea where I stand but if I was asked nicely to not stand directly behind someone then I wouldn't have a problem, if I was asked with a hint of bad attitude then I'd put them in the nearest lake :thup:

I wonder if the tour pros earning millions have to deal with the same dilemmas us amateurs do :rofl:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Sounds like another Python sketch

"Graham Chapman: I think all right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

All: Yes, yes...

Graham Chapman: I'm certainly not! And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am.

Not Sure?: Mrs. Havoc-Jones.

Mrs. Havoc-Jones: Well, I meet a lot of people and I'm convinced that the vast majority of wrong thinking people are right.

Not Sure?: There seems like a consensus there. Could we have the next question, please? "

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have no idea where I stand but if I was asked nicely to not stand directly behind someone then I wouldn't have a problem, if I was asked with a hint of bad attitude then I'd put them in the nearest lake :thup:

I wonder if the tour pros earning millions have to deal with the same dilemmas us amateurs do :rofl:

What do you do if theres no lake for 5 miles:D

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Maybe this should fall to the responsibility of someone on the match & comps committee taking all new members out onto the course when they join and telling them where they should stand when playing, I'm sure it would be well received :whistle:

Depends on the handicap of the new member.
If he was a beginner perhaps the safest place to stand would be more beneficial.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Depends on the handicap of the new member.
If he was a beginner perhaps the safest place to stand would be more beneficial.

But a very large percentage of people who have contributed to this thread and don't accept what is being muted, are not beginners, so shouldn't they be educated also?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hells teeth I am starting to get worried now.
Perhaps I should clarify some old school thoughts.

Standing behind the player means standing at the back of the tee looking directly down the line of the fairway. Probably the most inconsiderate place to be and only done by folk who do not have a clue about golf. [Unless offered or asked to do so by FC into a low sun.]

In which Galaxy is "standing behind the player" equal to standing at the back of the tee looking down the fairway?
Is the guy teeing off Croquet-style...?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
D

Deleted member 15344

Page 18
http://www.randa.org/~/media/RandA/...012 Rules/72580_ROG_CLUBHOUSE_with cover.ashx
On the teeing ground, a player should not tee his ball until it is his turn to play.
Players should not stand close to or directly behind the ball, or directly
behind the hole, when a player is about to play.

Which page ? Just checked and can't find that paragraph ?

Found it - so how close is too close because it clarifies that earlier by saying not to close to be I'm danger of being hit - which most people do anyway. And directly behind the hole is also a natural one and yes directly behind the ball will stop the player from actually hitting the ball.

Doesn't say that you can't stand in the line of the shot ?

Last edited by a moderator: