• I don't care as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way

Votes: 187 83.1%
  • I am now aware of HNSP etiquette and will be using it in the future

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Perhaps the words natural historical standing position would fit better then.

I am not saying that it should be observed on every occasion as some tees make that nearly impossible A couple of holes I know where you would be in the sea. I have played 50 years at all sorts of level, Pro/County/Club/Hackers Society and find that nearly all of my FC observed the natural historical standing position on tees. Generally speaking the only ones who did not were beginners or fools and they were soon told.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

I am not saying that it should be observed on every occasion as some tees make that nearly impossible A couple of holes I know where you would be in the sea. I have played 50 years at all sorts of level, Pro/County/Club/Hackers Society and find that nearly all of my FC observed the natural historical standing position on tees. Generally speaking the only ones who did not were beginners or fools and they were soon told.

So much for the games governing body then........total fools.

53551.jpg

D

Deleted member 15344

Natural historical standing position ?

Is that the same one as the universally accepted one or the accepted convention ?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Because it simply is...that OK.
[I assume you are meaning spectators and not competitors.]

Balderdash again Doon.There is no difference at all to a fan standing at any place around a tee or a player,none at all.

Historical standing position? You are starting to sound like you are trying to hard to sound like you are correct.

Complete and utter pish.

Last edited by a moderator:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
http://www.bnl.gov/bera/activities/golf/golf/etiquette.htm

The 10 Commandments of Golf Etiquette

1. Tee: One player on the tee, at a time. Stand even with the ball well outside of the teeing ground, left or right, while each player hits. It is a breach of etiquette to stand behind a golfer on the tee, or anywhere else on the golf course. No golfer should have to ask you to move out of the way anywhere on the course, but especially on the tee, where players are concentrated like nowhere else. If you are a following foursome and arrive at a tee already occupied by the group in front, wait well off the tee for your turn. Joining them on the tee to watch the shots is a breach of etiquette, but if you do, follow the positioning rule above, at the very least. Always, remove your peg from the tee after hitting. It is a breach of etiquette to pound your tee into the ground or to leave it embedded in the teeing ground.

El Bandito

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

1. Tee: One player on the tee, at a time. Stand even with the ball well outside of the teeing ground, left or right, while each player hits. It is a breach of etiquette to stand behind a golfer on the tee, or anywhere else on the golf course. No golfer should have to ask you to move out of the way anywhere on the course, but especially on the tee, where players are concentrated like nowhere else. If you are a following foursome and arrive at a tee already occupied by the group in front, wait well off the tee for your turn. Joining them on the tee to watch the shots is a breach of etiquette, but if you do, follow the positioning rule above, at the very least. Always, remove your peg from the tee after hitting. It is a breach of etiquette to pound your tee into the ground or to leave it embedded in the teeing ground.

Commandments! Blimey. Serious stuff now. Im off for popcorn:lol:

D

Deleted member 15344

:rofl:

Commandments :rofl:

Well that's a lovely read

Who wrote them ? Is it in the official rule book from the R&A

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
:rofl:

Commandments :rofl:

Well that's a lovely read

Who wrote them ? Is it in the official rule book from the R&A

No idea as came from the font of all knowledge Google :D but does suggest that SILH , Doon and myself are not that isolated in our understanding on where to stand on the teeing off ground

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Someone wanting to teach beginners not to embarrass themselves.

Maybe this should fall to the responsibility of someone on the match & comps committee taking all new members out onto the course when they join and telling them where they should stand when playing, I'm sure it would be well received :whistle: