When others 'NR' in a comp.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing in a club competition yesterday (Stableford format), a playing partner walked off after 6 holes. He'd had a couple of blobs and he said his head wasn't in the right place.

I felt sorry for him but it was a first for me - I've not seen a player quit for psychological reasons before.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
So your players don’t have to on the day”enter” the Comp and pick up their card from somewhere or enter into the PSI before they go out ?

If that’s the case then people can go out and play if they have a poor round just go home and do nothing ?

Again poor competition administration it seems that is wide open for abuse.

Seems like you have a competition committee that is making life hard for themselves by not having basic competition entry procedures in place to ensure that anyone going out to play has enter the competition correctly.

LP, I think your assuming that all clubs computerized their start sheets and if they do then I completely agree with your statement above, however if the start sheet is paper based, which complies with correct competition procedures, then the checking of cards returned/entered to cards still in someone's pocket takes time and has nothing to do with poor administration.

D

Deleted member 15344

LP, I think your assuming that all clubs computerized their start sheets and if they do then I completely agree with your statement above, however if the start sheet is paper based, which complies with correct competition procedures, then the checking of cards returned/entered to cards still in someone's pocket takes time and has nothing to do with poor administration.

Sorry but someone not entering their card into a return box has zip to do with any computerised start sheet

We have a start sheet on IG that is then printed out - the pro shop then tick off as each person pays their entry fee , any gaps people can be added manually

Then when closing the Comp - count how many cards are entered in the box compared to how many entered - any cards missing from people who have entered - it’s a DQ for not returning their card - it’s a straightforward simple process

If there is no process to check people entering on the day then it’s open to abuse and poor administration

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suspect that the practice of avoiding a 0.1 by just not handing your card in is more common than people think. I know of 1 Club local to me that don't check the cards against the start sheet. No card - no 0.1 back.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry but someone not entering their card into a return box has zip to do with any computerised start sheet

We have a start sheet on IG that is then printed out - the pro shop then tick off as each person pays their entry fee , any gaps people can be added manually

Then when closing the Comp - count how many cards are entered in the box compared to how many entered - any cards missing from people who have entered - it’s a DQ for not returning their card - it’s a straightforward simple process

If there is no process to check people entering on the day then it’s open to abuse and poor administration

As you are printing the start sheet of IG it means you can use the computer to mechanically check entries against scores entered.

If your comp entry sheet is a book system it's not as easy and if your system shows 75 scores entered but your book shows 79 entered comp then it's a manual pain in the next checking who hasn't entered their card before the .1 can be sorted which is why I can understand why some clubs may have some kind of disciplinary system when people fail to hand n cards.

D

Deleted member 15344

As you are printing the start sheet of IG it means you can use the computer to mechanically check entries against scores entered.

If your comp entry sheet is a book system it's not as easy and if your system shows 75 scores entered but your book shows 79 entered comp then it's a manual pain in the next checking who hasn't entered their card before the .1 can be sorted which is why I can understand why some clubs may have some kind of disciplinary system when people fail to hand n cards.

None of that has any relevance to people being able to enter a Comp without any sort of booking system

And we still had to count the entries manually due to people pulling out and others entering outside the booked time and I would suspect the clubs having some sort of book system it’s very minimal.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suspect that the practice of avoiding a 0.1 by just not handing your card in is more common than people think. I know of 1 Club local to me that don't check the cards against the start sheet. No card - no 0.1 back.

Indeed. Posts on here would seem to confirm it - and certainly posts elsewhere have.

The real problems start when people realise that they won't get 0.1 if they don't return the card, rather than just the weak admin itself, after which the problem just builds.