When is a sandy par not a sandy par

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
At the risk of opening myself up to even more abuse :) i'd like a definitive on this one

First hole this morning, par 5, put my drive into a fairway bunker, got out well with an 8 iron, and a crisp 5 iron onto the green
2 putts saw a par

Now I claimed a Sandy Par as I had been in the sand

But Imurg said that a Sandy par is only when you get up and down (or up and in) from a bunker, for a par

so who is right

and if I am wrong (which is quite possible)
then can I claim a semi sandy par :)

I look forward to being ripped yet another new one (y)

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
This is bordering on outrageous, first we have a gardener being scammed now cheating at golf, are GM towers just going to continually turn a blind eye to all of this.

No it's not a sandy par.

D

Deleted member 21258

Would have to be from a greenside bunker to be called a sandy par for me.

To say from a fairway bunker, is like saying I holed out from 140 yards from a fairway and I get to call that is a hole in one, dream on;):p

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Was it you that closed the other thread ?as I’m wondering just because you were getting some honest answers to a question you posed its no reason to close it.

Think it’s stretching it a bit to call that a sand save.

D

Deleted member 15344

Was it you that closed the other thread ?as I’m wondering just because you were getting some honest answers to a question you posed its no reason to close it.

Is it really ? He got a Par after being in a sandy bunker - how can it not be a sandy par ?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
When I started playing we played/ paid out on: sandy par was up and down from a bunker on a par 3. Golden ferret was holed bunker shot, ferret was a chip in, ouzlam (?) nearest the pin on a par three, but you had to get down in two or less putts, otherwise money carried over. Ferrets had to result in par or less.

Think we played for half crown on each side bet.:whistle:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

Best not answering, last time you asked a question and it didn’t go your way the thread got closed🙈

Ok let’s call time on this.

I asked for the forums opinion and jolly well got it

The “garden” thread was closed ( but not removed, it’s still there) as the matter had been resolved to the satisfaction of both parties.

Certain individuals started to use the thread to have a pop ( I may be a mod, but I’m also an active forum member and allowed to seek the advice of the forum,) but when it gets personal and nasty, it’s time to stop.

Now back on track and no more garden comments please