When is a sandy par not a sandy par

Wolf

Visit site
I get why people are saying only from a greenside bunker. But imo sand found en route to hole whether fairway or greensdie and still tapping in for par should count as a sandy par..

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I get why people are saying only from a greenside bunker. But imo sand found en route to hole whether fairway or greensdie and still tapping in for par should count as a sandy par..
I think it depends where you live , like so many phrases it means one thing here but another somewhere else.
Let the lad have his moment!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have always been with those that say it is an up and down from a greenside bunker.

Getting out of a fairway bunker is just way to easy on most courses

D

Deleted Member 1156

Oh....so it has to be a tap in now, not holing a 10 footer? :ROFLMAO:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Ok so how about we call any par via sand a sandy par

But an up n down or up n in from a bunker resulting in a par is a Sandy Save 👍

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I’d go along with the logic of hitting the green from any bunker and one putting (for par) as a sand save. The fact it’s called a save suggests there was some sort of struggle. Been in many fairway bunkers and got a par after hitting the green and two putting. Doesn’t really give me the same sort of relief as one putting for par after being in a hazard.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd say a par which includes a bunker shot is a sandy par

We don't pay out for them, in our games as they are ten a penny 😁

Wolf

Visit site
I'd say a par which includes a bunker shot is a sandy par

We don't pay out for them, in our games as they are ten a penny 😁
Same here never heard of paying out for them, only paying out in our games used to be front 9, back 9 and match plus ouzlams.

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you were a desparete kind of guy I could understand why you may well want to call it a sand save but We all know it's not and a real sandy par is by getting up and down from a bunker, meaning one shot out the bunker and the next shot in the hole for par.

Is the correct answer.(y)