What's your best score?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Best and most satisfying was a gross 76 off the pegs, while playing off 13! +1 front, +3 back. Was just an easy walk on a pleasant day.

Jesus did that cut hurt.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
1 under round 2 different courses and a level par on a 3rd is the best of my scores.

I was 4 under thru 7 holes of our par 3 course and proceeded to 3 putt the last 2 greens. I was using an old bullseye putter and couldn't miss till the nerves kicked in. Haha

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
77 off the yellows at a shortened bootle with pick an place

A few 79s off normal yellows

Not sure about the whites, hit low 80s a few times.
I was (maybe) +1 gross after 12 only to blow it. Bottle went as far as the duck hooks ob . Still pained

D

Deleted member 1147

Best in a competitive round so far is -4, 69. Was matchplay, though, which maybe changed the psychology a bit.
My best golf has been in matchplay, so I didn’t finish the rounds, as I won before the 18th, so I don’t know what I could have scored.
Did 5 under through 14 once, but 2 of the toughest holes are in the last 4.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Neededa par up the last at Carnoustie b
34 at Pyongyang Golf Course. I had 5 aces, just one of those days when everything dropped, and finished 38 under par. There are plenty of witnesses too, just ask anyone at the North Korea state news agency.

Unless one of the aces was a condor I'm not impressed.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
65, 5 under is my best. But my favourite under par score was a 4 under 66. 4 birdies and no dropped shots. I also remember having 7 birdies in a round once, and still finished over par. Unfortunately i think my good days are now just memories.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
74 (6 over) at Wimbledon Common off yellow. Doesnt sound that great compared some of the scores/courses already quoted - but it was 13 better than handicap and I've got nowhere close since.

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In my last round before lockdown 1.0 last year I had a gross 75, playing off 16 so it was net 59 (at my home course Goring, par and course rating both 71 for the tees we were using).

My best ever by 7 or 8 shots, I thought I had cracked it and was set for a stellar season but then of course didn't hit a ball for the next two months. Failed to play to handicap in a single comp through the rest of the year when we restarted :(

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
67 (twice) off the yellows at my place (par 70)

72 off the whites

Those days are hazy in my memory though....maybe one day I'll reach those giddy heights again.