What's your best score?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I know a guy that shot 59 round a par 71 when he was a yoof. Still playing off scr as a senior.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lots are quoting yardage, par 5s at less than 500 yards aren’t as challenging as a par 3 at 150 yards ... generally ( thought I would add that just in case the scratch police started to kick off )
Oh and playing in America is easy you should be 4-5 shots under handicap as fairways are wide and beautiful with little or no rough to worry about ... you can always use the cart path as well. Apparently.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
65, 5 under is my best. But my favourite under par score was a 4 under 66. 4 birdies and no dropped shots. I also remember having 7 birdies in a round once, and still finished over par. Unfortunately i think my good days are now just memories.
Once walked off my previous club course after 13 holes 4 under, my Sunday lunch with my mil was about to be put on the dining table and I was for the high jump if I didn’t get home to sit down with everyone else...?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First game back after lockdown 1 when we were only allowed to play the from 9 , I finished at 3 over.
Can remember talking about it after in the car park with my playing partner and we put it down just being out there, not thinking about anything and just being able to walk up to my ball and playing a shot. Still wonder to this day what would have happened on the back 9.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Lots are quoting yardage, par 5s at less than 500 yards aren’t as challenging as a par 3 at 150 yards ... generally ( thought I would add that just in case the scratch police started to kick off )
Oh and playing in America is easy you should be 4-5 shots under handicap as fairways are wide and beautiful with little or no rough to worry about ... you can always use the cart path as well. Apparently.
Pinehurst easy? Do me a favour ?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shot 81 around Turnberry of the yellows which I was immensely chuffed with.

Two weeks later I broke my sub 80 duck, by shooting a 79 round a course in Madrid.

The week after that I played my first comp at my course (Bolton old links) and preceded to hack it round in a humiliating 113 ?. This included a 13 on our 16th after shanking ball after ball into the clag.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Shot 81 around Turnberry of the yellows which I was immensely chuffed with.

Two weeks later I broke my sub 80 duck, by shooting a 79 round a course in Madrid.

The week after that I played my first comp at my course (Bolton old links) and preceded to hack it round in a humiliating 113 ?. This included a 13 on our 16th after shanking ball after ball into the clag.

That story sums up golf sometimes ?well done on breaking 80 what h/c were you then?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It was two years ago so probably 17 I think.

Like you say though. Golfs a cruel game. Evidenced by my form over the last 12 months ?

Same h/c as me then?, I’ve been very close over years to breaking 80 mostly playing when on golf holidays in Kent and Sussex.

Best I’ve done on my home course is 82 and that’s over 20 odd years as a member.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
1 under gross in a Maxi Tours pairs bb at Dunham Forest , came second to Ryan Giggs and Nicky Butt !!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Pinehurst easy? Do me a favour ?

Obviously never played Bethpage Black either. :rolleyes: