Whats in your bag ?

CaptainHook

Visit site
Starting to think about a new set of clubs for February and thinking about maybe just ditching my 3 wood. Cant hit it off the ground, pro suggested maybe just forget it and go 5 wood or maybe even just x2 hybrids.
So thought i would ask on the forum how peoples bags are set up ?

Mandofred

Visit site
I haven't had a 3 wood for years. A couple years ago I had driver and 3 hybrids (16,19,22) that were adjustable 2 degree's each way....so a range of 14-24. Dropped the 16 degree out when I tried the 5 wood. 5 wood went a touch further and more consistent. Since I have switched to carry a couple of weeks ago for winter.....Driver--5 wood--23 degree hybrid--6/8/9/W/56/60/putter. I only use the 60 for bunker shots....I have trouble hitting it off winter mats. Might still drop the 9 iron. It's just so sloppy out that I don't really care anymore.....

AliMc

Visit site
Starting to think about a new set of clubs for February and thinking about maybe just ditching my 3 wood. Cant hit it off the ground, pro suggested maybe just forget it and go 5 wood or maybe even just x2 hybrids.
So thought i would ask on the forum how peoples bags are set up ?
I have TSi3 driver, TS 3 wood, 2 x TM hybrids, TM Sim 5 - pw irons, 3 Callaway wedges, 50, 54 and 58 degree, not forgetting an Odyssey works 7 putter !

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Driver 3 wood and hybrid, oddly enough I love my 3 wood, am not a long hitter so have got used to me 3 wood.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Driver, 3 wood and mix between an 18* hybrid, utility iron and a 5wood. Really feeling the 5w over the others atm.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would reinforce what you've said in the OP. I've tried 3 woods over the years, never been able to hit any off the deck, and off the tee there wasn't much point since it would only be 10-15 yards shorter than my driver, and I love hitting driver so had no need for a 3W as a 'go to' club or anything. Eventually I bought a five wood, found it far easier to hit off the deck, and the gap to the driver on tee shots makes it more worth having. I liked it so much I recently got the matching 7 wood as well, replacing my longest hybrid.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
woods i just have ; Driver, 3 wood and 18 deg hybrid, then 4-pw. i did start using a 22 deg hybrid inplace of my 3 iron, but just changed irons and the 4 iron is strong so surp to requirments now.
I have also just swapped my 3 wood ( in the naughty cupboard) its a Mizuno JPX 850 which until this year i would say was my most consistant club, but struggled with it of late. now using a TM M4 with a cut down Adila tour green shaft, that is going like a rocket at the moment.. no idea why its going so well had it since that model came out and couldn't hit it for toffee before??

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Driver - M2 TM
4 wood (the happy medium between a 3 and 5) - Srixon something...
4 hybrid (21 deg) - Wilson Staff D7
5-SW Irons - Wilson Staff D7
52, 56, 60 wedges - Wilson Staff
Putter - Odyssey SL #7

Never should have brought the sand iron with my iron set, its 54 degree but i just dont use it, prefer the actual wedges.

Possibly going to replace the bag gap made with a 3 and 5 wood combination next year (taking out the 4W and the SW)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I've got driver, 3 wood, 24d hybrid, 6 to pw, then 50 and 54d wedges and my putter.

I'm currently leaving my driver at home but I'm hitting my 3 wood about 10yds shorter than my average driver shot and a lot more reliably so I've not lost much.

Been eyeing up a 5 Wood and a 58d to complete the bag but that'll probably be in time for summer.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Absolutely love my 3 wood off a tee and off the deck.

Driver, 3 wood, 19 degree hybrid, 4-PW, 50, 54, 58, putter. The hybrid goes in and out depending on whether I can be bothered spending all day in the left rough or not...

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i have a love/hate relationship with my 3 wood and i am not a great fan of hybrids.

my bag is

Epic sub zero
Cobra f9 3 wood
Mizuno Fli hi 2 iron
Srixon z565 4-PW
Cleveland CBX2 50
Cleveland RTX3 56 and 60
Scotty Del Mar putter

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Driver
4 wood between 16 and 17 ° depending on how I feel..
19 hybrid
22 hybrid but sometimes 23
26 hybrid or 5 iron
Irons and wedges and a putter..
I've been convinced for years that most amateurs shouldn't have a "proper" 3 wood in the bag as a 4 goes roughly the same distance on a better trajectory and is easier to use.

D

Deleted member 1147

Driver
4 wood
2 iron (in dry weather, hybrid in winter conditions)
4 iron - hollow head
5-pw - CBs
50, 54 & 58 degree wedges
putter

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
A bunch of second hand stuff or pre-2913 new purchases and my putter for life.

Had my best golf year to date since leaving my club, setting personal bests and keeping up good scoring.

Driver is a draw off the tee and the 3 wood is a baby fade, 3h takes over when on the deck.

New gear would do nothing for me.

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have a f9 driver Sim 3 wood and Sim hybrid but can’t hit it that well. Thinking about getting a 7 wood instead 4/pw ping i210 and some callaway wedges and a TM putter