What targets do you have for your golf?

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Do you set targets for your golf?.
For me the days of one day playing off scratch I realise now are unattainable i'm not good enough but do still have some targets that are within my abilities that I still strive for that keeps me interested in the game.1) to drop from my eternal 12 hcp to single figures even high single figures :D,2) to beat my lowest score at a club ive been playing at for 25yrs,3)achieve a hole in one something in 30 yrs i'm yet to do,4) win the monthly medal.I was getting pretty fed up with golf a few years back but having these targets has given me so much more enjoyment for the game,what golfing targets have you got?.

D

Deleted member 16999

To get to single figures, even if it's just for a week or two and to continue to enjoy playing as long as I can.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This year to break 80 and get handicap to cat 2.

Already have achieved my target of 9 GIRs in a round 2017.

Long term cat 1 and play scratch tournaments.

D

Deleted member 15717

Category 1
Win Board Comp (and club champs)
Shoot level par or better

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Play golf, any golf.

Just had my first lesson for a coupe of years. Instantly added 20 yards to my game and sorted out my hook.

Now to book games to make use of the hard work!

Raesy92

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Already beat my previous best gross score at my club twice this season.

Last season was to break 80, hopefully this year I can break 80 when it matters in a competition!

Managed to shoot 77 today but off a slightly shortened course, so the game is definitely there.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Break 90 is the goal for this year. To be sub95 consistently would be a positive season. Work over the winter on the range suggests my game is going in the right direction, but we'll see what happens when I actually get out on a course!

Saville85

Hacker
Visit site
the long term target is to shoot a sub 80 round which for me is broken down to smaller targets of
1) No 3 putts in a round
2) blob free rounds and
3) A round hitting every fairway in reg

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't bother with setting targets with golf, use to do it, but got fed up with it. You set a target, get to the end of the season and not achieved it. So that was a failed year of golfing and feels disappointing. There is only one target I set for golfing nowadays, go out and enjoy myself. I play golf for fun, not for a living, so why put pressure on myself to achieve something.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not targets I consciously think about when I start a round but break 90 is there (current PB is 90)

Basically just to play as often as possible with good PP's (good meaning personality not ability)

I want to get handicap down to 18 (not sure how i'll manage it on this island playing a mix of courses but I'll keep trying, its really tough when you can't play one course over and over and each course has different grass/greens/prevailing weather etc)

Of course I want a hole in one but I don't think you can set that as a target its more a desire/dream

Similar to above, to hole out from longer than 76m (current longest hole out) I smacked the pin from 142m a few weeks back but it sat beside the hole a foot away

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My target this year is to get to 6 so I can play in the Selborne Salver qualifier at the club next year. There is no chance of me actually qualifying for the Salver itself, and I'd be completely out of my depth if I did, but I'd like at least one crack at it.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
My target for this year is to break 100 and to get my handicap down to 24. In the long run I want to be able to play solid bogey golf. Don't think I will ever have a chance of going much lower than that, but that's fine.

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
My target this year is to get to 6 so I can play in the Selborne Salver qualifier at the club next year. There is no chance of me actually qualifying for the Salver itself, and I'd be completely out of my depth if I did, but I'd like at least one crack at it.

This too - would love to be able to play in it.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Mine is the same as the OP. I would love a couple of weeks into single figures. I shot 75 gross (par 71) last Sunday with a triple bogey, but, in quite different conditions, only got 33 points yesterday, but i know im generally hitting the ball better than i ever have. I'd also like to record a level par gross round, ive possible done it in matchplay but would love to with a card.