What targets do you have for your golf?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Minimum 3 shots down to 15 which I think is well within my grasp & capability without putting too much pressure on myself.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
To keep adding to the list of courses I've played, and countries I've played in if possible. I hope to get back to category 1 but it's more of a long term target, keep playing well and the handicap takes care of itself.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My target for this year is to break 100 and to get my handicap down to 24. In the long run I want to be able to play solid bogey golf. Don't think I will ever have a chance of going much lower than that, but that's fine.

Similar. I'd like to play mid/late 90's golf around my place - didn't achieve it last year. I'd like to get down to 22-24 this year, feel it's possible but need to get out more and also throw some practice in too.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Goal this year is to play more comps and get the handicap down to 12.

Then single figures is the long term goal.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would like to get handicap down to 18. Last year when on 25 I wanted to get to 18 then but it was a secondary target if I got to my real target of 21 early. Nearly made 21 just missed with 21.5, so 18 is a realistic target. I would also like to lower my PB of 88 (par 74). Although these are targets I'm not going to stress if I'm not moving towards them, just enjoy playing at what will be, will be as Doris Day used to sing about. :)

MrBrightside

Assistant Pro
Visit site
1) Play all year, i usually only get to play in the winter due to other commitments
2) Break <90
3) Sub <20hcp
4) Play more courses, events, socials, roll-ups

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My main goal is to improve my consistency and shoot more qualifying scores in the 70's than the 80's between April and October when off the white tees.

Would also be nice to lower my PB to 74 or better.

Aside from that , just to enjoy myself and play as much as poss.

Easy to say when I've already achieved my initial goal of single figures.......

graham64

Medal Winner
Visit site
I play off 23 at the moment hoping to get to 18 as over the last few months I've had to sub 90s a couple of 90s and plenty of 92 93s so hopefully my golf is coming together

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
A repeat of last year would be good. Dropped 5 shots. Represented the club five times and won four games and also won two board knockout comps - one singles and one foursomes. Few other wins as well.

I'm not setting any targets as such but I would love to stop the blow up holes that happen when on our comps day.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not got any scoring or handicap goals this year, but I am determined to stop losing matchplay ties that I should be winning. It's laughable the way I give matches away because of a lack of 'killer instinct' for want of a better phrase.

No more Mr. Nice Guy :angry:

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Interesting question. I'm just trying to be more accurate. If I can hit more fairways and more greens in regulation I'll hopefully lose fewer balls, improve my scores and most importantly enjoy my golf more... :thup:

So at the risk of neglecting my short game my focus at the moment is on my tee and approach shots

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Main aim for me this year is focusing on playing good golf. I know I can play better than I have in past years and just feel like I've expected to play better and not put much effort into it. Which has resulted in a consistent scoring wise but just not at the level I wish to be at.

So this year I want to play good golf, think more about where I am playing shots too and with that my handicap should come down as a result. I have target handicaps in mind but they are not the main focus of the year for me.

A lot of my targets are performance based. Qualifying for the club championship, qualifying for the fox and hounds 36 hole final, getting past the 2nd round of matchplay and a few score related targets. Hopefully with these targets I wont get hung up on handicap and it will just come as a result of the other targets.

chris3081

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Always set myself new targets at the beginning of each season. I have been seriously playing for 5 seasons, but the last 12 months I have been seriously practising as well. 3 times a week on the range and short game areas and hopefully one game a week. Now summer is here I will play two twilight and Sunday mornings per week.

My targets for 2016 were (off 17 handicap) shoot sub 80, win a competition and go to 12 handicap. In the end I shoot a 75 (Par 68), won two competitions and got down to 13 HC. Yes pleased only missed one target.

Targets for 2017 are get to single figures, win another competition, shoot in 70's 5 times and play 10 x top 100 courses UK and Ireland. So far played Notts (hollinwell), RCP and RSG, Formby booked for mid march and then Gullane No 1, Carnoustie, St Andrews Jubilee in June.