Have YouTubers helped you?

LizAig

Visit site
I don’t watch many instructional videos but I do watch a few of Marcus Bell/zen golf mechanic as he often focussed on body movement. I like when he’s got a long video of someone’s lesson on if they have similar issues to me but that’s probably because I used to have coaching from Marcus (before he started charging £100’s) so I can imagine how he would relate things to me….if that makes sense! Sometimes I realise I’m over swinging or not moving my hips or not got movement through my feet and it gets me thinking and moving again! I like watching Bad Golf - not for coaching but for a laugh!

SaintStu

Visit site
When I started to play just over 3 years ago I used to watch everything, to be honest it never worked for me at least. After a year (not having any natural talent for golf) I decided to go take lessons with a pro. First bloke was an absolute bell 🔔, so after 3 lessons I found the pro I still use today. Love him. My trouble was I would have a lesson and explain my problems and within 15 minutes I'm actually smashing everything. The biggest mistake I made was in-between lessons I use to still watch YouTube and it made me so much worse. I'd go back for a lesson and again with in 15 minutes into an hour lesson back to normal. I appreciate that it can work for people but for me when I have a lesson the pro is stood watching everything I do and can see and correct it instantly. For me personally, watching YouTube videos and then going and playing with friends on not my home course costed me a fortune. £25/£30 a round somewhere each week trying to use the YouTube tips and just got worse. My advice I pay £300 for 7.5 hours lessons. Can do 1/2 hour or 1 hour. Best money spent ever. You need a pro to be stood watching and any decent pro within minutes can change the simplest of things. I still watch YouTube golf videos, but it's more for fun, and I don't try anything. Just my opinion, but completely appreciate it can work for some. X

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think there is some good tips to be taken from YOUTUBE and it has helped me shoot lower scores, but I would never use it for sorting out problems. One thing I did pick up on is how these players at times are spraying the ball all over the place during course reviews, but still able to shoot low scores. Made me realize that you do not have to constantly be hitting superstar shots to have a low score.