what new car?

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
HID doors has let me off the leash for a new motor because of the imminent arrival of a mini mick,have a convertable 330 bmw at the minuite but she doesn't think it's practicle when we have the sprog.i'm looking at getting either the range rover sport,the bmw x5,or the new discovery,all handy for the clubs.anyone got any oppinions?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
mercedes E270/E320 diesel estate for me, fantastic cars, excellent quality and reliability, econiomical for their class and excellent residual values.

Alternatively audi a6 tdi for above reasons.

4x4's are getting a real pikey-wagon image and the residual values are attrocious in the large, avoid 4x4s as a whole. If you must have one then it has to be the Toyota Landcruiser for me.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Medway nailed one 320 down the middle again!

All great picks and the Mercs are properly quick.

If you feel the need for speed then Carlsson do a proper quick upgrade kit.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Volvo, big safe bus thats comfortable, decent handling and seems to come out of crashes very well. Whats more important, looks or the best protection for your little un.
Alternatively the octavia vrs :D not biased at all.
Keep some of the money saved on the guzzlers and spend it on the family :D.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
vig if it were up to me the bmw wouldn't be going anywhere
but as i get a company car the new one will be left in the not so capable hands of HID,so basically it's her choice i've already vito'd the porsche cayenne for obvious reasons,and those are the next three choices from her.i will never know why women feel the need to drive big 4x4's but if it keeps her happy which keeps me playing lots of golf i will go along with it.up to now the range rover sport looks favorite,test drive on saturday.cheers for the comments lads not that i think they will do much good.

mick(a beaten man)

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
forgot to mention that test drive is also scheduled at my usual tee time,if fact it doesn't like i'm getting a round on saturday roll on the paternity leave from work and cue the "i'm just pooping out love" lol

Page

Medal Winner
Visit site
4x4's are just wrong on so many levels (not just environmentally speaking). unless there is a genuine need for one i simply don't understand why people still consider them. just my opinion.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
page i asked for oppinions on which one to buy not comments on the enviroment,if you have nothing constructive to bring to a discussion why comment at all.just my oppinion.

Page

Medal Winner
Visit site
as noted in my thread, it wasn't just related to the environment.

resale value
fuel costs
tax
parking 'issues'
etc.

these are other things that can make buying a 4x4 less attractive compared to other types of cars.

interestingly, someone above mentioned the fact that these cars tend to have a negative image attached to them. i didn't see you getting too upset with that comment though.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
if you read the post he also offers an opinion on what 4x4 to get,which as far as i can tell is offering something constructive to the discussion,as far the enviroment and fuel issues it will be fitted with a gas conversion,which i also did on a vauxall fronterra(horrible motor) i once owned.the reason i was upset with your post is it brought absolutely nothing to this discussion if you have a problem with 4x4 i suggest you start a petition to have them banned,not post on threads in which someone is asking which one to buy.again just an oppinion.

Page

Medal Winner
Visit site
your thread isn't entitled; "which 4x4 should i buy?".

as such, it's open to obvious interpretation as to which 'car' you should buy. becasue 4x4's were mentioned as a genre of car to consider, i simply offered a commment that implied i didn't think you should purchase a 4x4.

anyone whom uses a public forum has to accpet that someone may post something not quite to their liking. you can choose to ignore what has been written of course. there is no need to become aggressive or stressed about it.

anyway, as stimulating as this is, i'm out of here.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
DG hosted a comp for one (Tiguan) near me but they have one drawback - surprisingly they're not wide enough for a set of clubs and with the back seat set up for the sprog it will be a pain.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
again page you still did not offer an oppinion on what car i should buy so i still dont see any reason on why you are posting on this thread other than to discredit 4x4,which i think was my first point.i personally am glad you are "out of here" as you brought nothing to this thread other than a bad attitude.tomo i do like the volkswagen it's looks a really nice car for the money,as viscount said though there could be a problem for the clubs.also it's really up to HID and those are her three choices,apart from the porsche which i vito'd,out of the three i think i would prefer the x5 having owned bmw's for a few years and always found them decent motors,however she is leaning towards the range rover
which i personally dont like as my brother has had two freelander and they have been nothing but trouble.