Xmas present you buying for wife/girlfriend

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Unless she has told you that it is exactly what she wants I would think again. Handbags/purses are very personal.

Last year my missus was delighted to receive £50 worth of death certificates.
She loves doing her family history and always felt guilty paying £7 a time for certificates from Ancestry.
Probably one of my most peculiar presents.

She has just stung me for £300 spending money when taking the G'kids to Paris Disneyland next week so I think I may be a bit more frugal this year.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Keeping it simple this year. We both had 40th birthdays last year where we pushed thge boat out so just going to be back few little presents. Plus we are at my inlaws for Xmas and they do not do the big gift thing and it can be embarasing if we have spent a fair amount on each other. My wife has shown a real interest in going to the ballet so tickets to see the Royal Ballet at the Albert Hall may be in order together with a decent bottle of rum to go in her collection

Vice

Head Pro
Visit site
45188281.jpg

:whistle:

El Bandito

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mine actually asked for a Hoover....being a wise old chap I won't fall for this dastardly trick. I can hear her at every party for a decade "well, HE got me a vacuum for Christmas one year..."

Got some perfume at Duty Free (largely Liquid gold judging by the price) and will probably pick up a few bits and pieces as December rolls on.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Whoa there my man, Retail Park? That's far too salubriuos for a man of my cal-i-ber. It's the New York burger van at Pitreavie Industrial Estate...

now you're talking:thup: when wee Senga leans over the counter to splash some sauce on yer bacon you get a right eyeful :smirk:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well last year I bought the wife a iPad 4 and various other stuff totalling £800 this year. This year I've bought her a pandora bead and electric toothbrush (she asked for this) and on the look out for a Chelsea tractor ie Range rover sport. A used one not new.

.....and a Partidge in a pear tree.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine actually asked for a Hoover....being a wise old chap I won't fall for this dastardly trick. I can hear her at every party for a decade "well, HE got me a vacuum for Christmas one year..."

Thats what mine asked for last year and thats what she got. She was so happy with it that i followed it up with a second hover on mothers day as she had complained she had to carry it upstairs. For some reason, she wasn't impressed with the second issue :D

D

Deleted member 15344

just as an aside, I was going to pull the trigger on a Kindle fire but the Tesco Hudl looks like its way better technically as well as using apps/games etc

Technically it isn't better and limited with apps etc but for its price it is very good also.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
My other half has had a gold, custom made and designed ring from the jewellry quarter.

A Pandora Morano glass bead.

And finally, a 2 sets of Pandora earrings that are currently on order and should be arriving Saturday this week.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Technically it isn't better and limited with apps etc but for its price it is very good also.

Both are getting some decent reviews. I went for the Google Nexus 7 and have been over the moon with that. Newer version just released has even better specs but cannot justify an upgrade at the moment.

D

Deleted member 15344

Both are getting some decent reviews. I went for the Google Nexus 7 and have been over the moon with that. Newer version just released has even better specs but cannot justify an upgrade at the moment.

Never been a fan of the Nexus but that's prob because I'm an Apple fanboy