What is happening at your club for the state funeral?

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Well you see our club owner. Sir John. He was knighted by the Queen whilst chairman of national trust East Midlands, so as a mark of respect or
“ parroting on” as you say. He decided to close the course.
No respect for his fee paying members though. many places are closing clubhouses etc but leaving the course open which seems a decent enough compromise and doesn't require any staff.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Found out this morning that the Greenkeepers have the day off....Head Greenie, who lives onsite, will cut the greens first thing - he'll be done by 8.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
No respect for his fee paying members though. many places are closing clubhouses etc but leaving the course open which seems a decent enough compromise and doesn't require any staff.
And yet I have not heard one member moan about the course being closed. Whatever clubs have decided, that’s what they have decided. They have sat down and said it is a fitting mark of respect from there clubs point of view. What I can respect is that it is there decision.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And yet I have not heard one member moan about the course being closed. Whatever clubs have decided, that’s what they have decided. They have sat down and said it is a fitting mark of respect from there clubs point of view. What I can respect is that it is there decision.
There have been emails to the club complaint about decision to close course, that’s up to them. Unfortunately some of my clubs members have seen fit to send emails to our club captain attacking the captain personally for the decision to close the course. I suspect that the vast majority of members are fully supportive of the decision…but there are always some who do not fully understand the meaning of being a member of a club, especially a members club, and take a more individual ’Me, Myself, I’ view of their membership and what it provides, ignoring their part of a whole.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There have been emails to the club complaint about decision to close course, that’s up to them. Unfortunately some of my clubs members have seen fit to send emails to our club captain attacking the captain personally for the decision to close the course. I suspect that the vast majority of members are fully supportive of the decision…but there are always some who do not fully understand the meaning of being a member of a club, especially a members club, and take a more individual ’Me, Myself, I’ view of their membership and what it provides, ignoring their part of a whole.
Chuck them out!

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Email today stating there won’t be any competitions on the day but limiting activities during the time of funeral between 11-12pm. No service / beverage or food during that hour also.

D

Deleted member 15344

Found out this morning that the Greenkeepers have the day off....Head Greenie, who lives onsite, will cut the greens first thing - he'll be done by 8.
Looking like yours is one of the only courses in the area staying open ( members course )

Imurg

Visit site
Looking like yours is one of the only courses in the area staying open ( members course )
To be honest there's not a lot they can do to close it..work starts on a gate system in a couple of weeks so, at the moment, there's no restriction on access.
Would be easy for a non member to get on..depends on how many members are around. One of the course marshal's will be there and he knows almost everyone.
We're going for a dawn start to be finished by 10.30.
Not sure how busy it's going to be.....

Mandofred

Visit site
Our club is open, just waiting to find out how many others of our regular group will be playing. If a couple others go, I'll hop in since we already have the tee times.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Our pro shop will be open from 8-10 in the morning to deal with the guests staying in the on site accommodation, course will be open. Not bothered about what others choose to do, I will be with my family watching the TV coverage.

RichA

Visit site
Our course is completely closed. I would have played, but I understand why the owner has done it.
I wonder if a lot of staff at clubs who are not salaried might have liked to be given the option not lose a day's pay.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm booked in for 2pm on Monday, the start sheet is filling up with both members and visitors, it would be a miss if the treasurer lost out on potential green fees, so I think the course is open

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Ours is open for members only, course only. I've decided to play a 4 ball with mates at 8.30 and will get home in time to see some of the funeral.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Clubs have really dropped a bollock here, both my clubs have tee sheet rammed from the first tee time at 2pm. Should have left it to members to do their own thing, as a minority of clubs have done.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Clubhouse closed but course open.
Got there 9.30 car park was full.
Course was rammed with four balls .
Played front nine twice as pace of play was shockingly slow.
Course was empty when we left , everyone seemed to play early.

Imurg

Visit site
We started at dawn and didn't see anyone else until well after 7.30..
When we finished there were about 20 cars in the car park
Far fewer than I expected..