What is happening at your club for the state funeral?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well you see our club owner. Sir John. He was knighted by the Queen whilst chairman of national trust East Midlands, so as a mark of respect or
“ parroting on” as you say. He decided to close the course.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Well you see our club owner. Sir John. He was knighted by the Queen whilst chairman of national trust East Midlands, so as a mark of respect or
“ parroting on” as you say. He decided to close the course.
So more forced grieving for the plebs. He could show his respect, by you know doing his own thing.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We have taken our photo of the Queen off the wall of the main lounge and put it on a table prominent by the bar. We have also taken down our club flag from our flagpole and have hoisted the Union flag. It was flying at half-mast, may still be or maybe now be full - I suspect we don't know the protocol. Maybe it's flown at half-mast during Royal Family period of mourning. Maybe it's full in recognition of our new Monarch..dunno. Think it's currently the latter, to be dropped to half mast on Monday.

D

Deleted member 1147

We have taken our photo of the Queen off the wall of the main lounge and put it on a table prominent by the bar. We have also taken down our club flag from our flagpole and have hoisted the Union flag. It was flying at half-mast, may still be or maybe now be full - I suspect we don't know the protocol. Maybe it's flown at half-mast during Royal Family period of mourning. Maybe it's full in recognition of our new Monarch..dunno.
I think it was meant to be raised to full mast on the day Chucky was made King, but then lowered to half mast the day after, and until after the funeral.
But I may be wrong.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it was meant to be raised to full mast on the day Chucky was made King, but then lowered to half mast the day after, and until after the funeral.
But I may be wrong.
I think you are right. This is what happened in our town, the local councilors advised this would happen before people became suitably outraged on social media.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
But I may be wrong.
This ^^ . Official flags, which effectively are the Union Flag and national flags and military/naval flags, should be down to to halfmast when she passed, up to full for 1 day (and a bit) for the accession of the King, then back down to half until 8.00 the day after the state funeral. Non-official flags - which I assume includes club flags - should be replaced by the the Union Flag and flown as above.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
This ^^ . Official flags, which effectively are the Union Flag and national flags and military/naval flags, should be down to to halfmast when she passed, up to full for 1 day (and a bit) for the accession of the King, then back down to half until 8.00 the day after the state funeral. Non-official flags - which I assume includes club flags - should be replaced by the the Union Flag and flown as above.
Clubs are not going to buy a union flag just for this, and there's the secondary issue of how political that flag has become in Scotland in particular.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
But I may be wrong.
Checked earlier when at the club and that is precisely what we have done. It's at half mast today.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
From the group newlsetter today:
Our courses will remain open and the funeral will be shown within the clubhouse. We will be asking all golfers to observe a 2 minute silence at 12.00.