What is happening at your club for the state funeral?

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
This is sort of my point I guess. All well and good stating that you want to show respect in your own way and playing golf is not and issue and I agree with that until it reaches the point that staff at the club have to attend so as you can have your round and so are denied the chance to mark the occasion how they want. From what I have read, this is not a statutory bank holiday so no obligations for higher pay or time off in lieu

Company emailed received today states we are to get the time back in lieu if we are required to work during the state funeral / bank holiday

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
So other companies are within their rights to not offer this?

I'd be pretty hacked off if that was the case

I think that is the case having read the full statement. From my point of view, if I have people under contract to complete on Monday then I have to be in the office to deal with it, as to my accounts department, partners to sign off transfers etc. Basically if one of us is in, we are all in. Having read the statement, it appears discretionary as to whether companies want to pay extra or give time off if peopel work that day as, for contractual purposes, it does not count as a compulsory day off if your emploment contract says 21 days holiday plus bank holidays.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So other companies are within their rights to not offer this?

I'd be pretty hacked off if that was the case
At this stage my SiL's company have said that they will be expected to work on the Monday. Whether they change that policy before then we will have to see. From a perspective of PR alone I would expect most companies to be shut that day.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
At this stage my SiL's company have said that they will be expected to work on the Monday. Whether they change that policy before then we will have to see. From a perspective of PR alone I would expect most companies to be shut that day.

Sadly some cannot do that on a week's notice. I have people under legal contract to move on Monday and so that has to happen unless the agree to move earlier or later. That means I need to be in with at least one partner of the firm and one of the accounts team. PR does not come into it.

carldudley

Visit site
Our course has only recently started opening on Bank Holidays, so not unusual for it to be closed. However Lady Captain's update yesterday said the course would remain closed, but the clubhouse open for anyone to watch the funeral together. Personally, I'd have felt a bit odd playing at the same time, but that's just me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly some cannot do that on a week's notice. I have people under legal contract to move on Monday and so that has to happen unless the agree to move earlier or later. That means I need to be in with at least one partner of the firm and one of the accounts team. PR does not come into it.
I understand from your perspective. They are in a different position though. I'll be surprised if their stance doesn't change by the end of the week.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Our club announced today that the clubhouse would open for use of toilets and lockers. No food etc. Course open.
Other clubs round my way are totally closed and that is what I would have preferred at mine.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Course & Pro shop fully open & I'd expect the BRS to be totally full as I'm sure many local N Leeds Clubs will be closed with members looking for a game. I'm certainly playing.