What clubs do you have in your bag?

I have a:

Driver
3 wood
3 iron hybrid
4-pw irons
3 wedges
Putter

What do you think I should have in there because (not meaning to boast or get anyones nerves here) I have just saved up some money and am confused if I need to buy anything or wait. Or weather I have the right set up of clubs.

Thanks in advance.

Putting_Green_Pro

Q-School Graduate
www.heyrosegolfclub.com
i think you should swap your 3 wood for a 5 wood, as 3 is similar to a driver and 5 is dead in the middle and can be used off the tee aswell. i love mine. if you like TM check out clubhouse golf they have mine at £90 but i got it for £80 from the shop :D amazing club

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
You could do with a 5 wood in my opinion, as there is too big a gap in between the 3 wood and 3 hybrid in most cases.

Tell us more about what clubs you have (make / model, and what loft your 3 wood, wedges are etc) It is virtually impossible to comment without this.

At the end of the day lessons would be a better use of the money based on the amount of kit you have seemingly accumulated...

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Keef your really not contributing to anyones posts! if youv got nothing good to say then go clean your clubs :|

Pete my good friend, I have plenty good to say, i'm just absolutely baffled right now!!

And please, less of the suggestive remarks young whipper snapper!

golf_bug

Head Pro
Visit site
For me the distance is similar for 5wood and 3hybrid. I have 3 and 5 woods and a 4hybrid, then 5i down.

I guess the question is.....do you notice any distance gaps? if not, then you don't need to introduce a new club.

krokodil

Head Pro
Visit site
Depends on the course you're playing.

For me-

Home course:
8.5 1W
17 deg hybrid
3-pw
Putter

However I will bring a 13 deg 3w in and go to a 54-60 combo on the wedges if playing somewhere that is very long and narrow and has long par5s.

mono217

Journeyman Pro
i707.photobucket.com
You could do with a 5 wood in my opinion, as there is too big a gap in between the 3 wood and 3 hybrid in most cases.

Tell us more about what clubs you have (make / model, and what loft your 3 wood, wedges are etc) It is virtually impossible to comment without this.

At the end of the day lessons would be a better use of the money based on the amount of kit you have seemingly accumulated...

Eagle hunter can you help
10 degree driver diablo draw
13 degree 3 wood nike sasquash
20 degree hybrid nike sasquash
irons sasquash
52 wedge nike
56 wedge callaway
60 wedge vokey
Putter taylormade itsy bitsy monza spider

golfnut18

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Eagle hunter can you help
10 degree driver diablo draw
13 degree 3 wood nike sasquash
20 degree hybrid nike sasquash
irons sasquash
52 wedge nike
56 wedge callaway
60 wedge vokey
Putter taylormade itsy bitsy monza spider

holy cow mate is this your set up? how old are you?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having a stronger 3 wood may make a bit of difference. I have 10.5 driver and 15.5 3 wood, not much difference in distance really 3 wood just more reliable and easy to hit straight on tight holes.

What do YOU think you would benefit from Mono?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you really wanted to spend money, which no doubt you will lol, I would presume your PW with your irons is 46* so you could change your 3 wedges to a set with 50*, 54* and 58* lofts giving you a better spread. Also you could get 3 of the same wedges which would give you greater consistency.

If it was me as well I would ditch the 3 hybrid and 4 iron out of your current bag and buy a 5 wood and 4 hybrid.

That would certainly give you a better set up IMO.

Have fun spending your seemingly endless funds ;)

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Currently.
1/3/5 woods and 20* rescue.
5-PW Mizuno irons, two wedges and putter.
Recently I've been carrying a 9 wood (5-10 yards further than a 5 iron) to get over some nasty trees on the holes that would otherwise need a draw/hook off the tee.
Sounds crazy, but it works!! Better than a 4-iron (although a bit shorter) as it goes SOOO high!!!

golfnut18

Assistant Pro
Visit site
very nice equipment you have there mate, do you have a job or something to be able to afford all of that?

I have my own little business enterprise at school.

good going then !! i wish i was still in school, im missing it already and i only finished about 2 weeks ago! selling sweets and drink to the fellow peeps certainly makes the moneys ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mono,

Surely it is worth trying to actually keep a set line up in the bag for more than a week at a time. You always seem to be buying new clubs or selling others. You'll never get any consistancy without a settled line up.

I have a driver, 3 and 5W 3 hybrid, 4-pw (46 degrees), 52 and 58 wedges and putter. I'll drop my 5W or 3H and have a 52, 56 and 60 degree wedge set up if I'm playing a course with deep rough or deep/pot bunkers.