What clubs do you have in your bag?

D

Deleted member 1147

Sorry Freddie, your post said re: Gil Emott in the details. So I thought it was aimed at me. The offer still stands if you fancy buying me a 2 irons :p
I know I've a 3 iron missing but at my club the short clubs tend to be more important as it's only a short course and I'm a big hitter so I rarely need to use a 3 iron.

Isnt your hybrid the same as a 3 iron :D

No, it fits in the middle of my 3 wood and 4 iron.

golfnut18

Assistant Pro
Visit site
well im off 20 at the mo :( but only played 6 months of golf max ever, and just came back 3 weeks ago after two years of not touching a club so the handicap is not an accurate reflection. but the last 4 rounds ive played have been to 14,14,16,18. If i could bloody put id be down to 12 lol

D

Deleted member 1147

i thought 15-16 = 1 iron
17-18 2 iron and 19-20 3 iron?
Wouldn't have a clue mate.
All I know is that it goes further than a 4 iron & shorter than a 3 wood.
It goes well from the rough, fairway or tee and is probably the best buy I've ever made in terms of golf equipment.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I don't think you can compare them directly the MP 67 2 iron for instance is 19 degrees which is the same (approx) as a 5 wood I would imagine the hybrid would be somewhere between the 2

D

Deleted member 1147

Loft isn't the only thing that dictates distance either. The head shape no doubt affects it and of course having a longer shaft than an iron of the same loft will give longer distance won't it?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Loft isn't the only thing that dictates distance either. The head shape no doubt affects it and of course having a longer shaft than an iron of the same loft will give longer distance won't it?

Absolutely right. A 19 deg hybrid will be about 1 - 2 inches longer than a 2 iron

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
SSShhhhhhh! I have 15 clubs in my bag, well when I say 15 clubs, it's 14 clubs and a baseball bat (club) just in case I lose in acrimonious circumstances :mad:

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yep....I'm trying to figure out how far my 9 wood goes.
It's such a joke club (although saving me some shots just now of white tees) and seems to have the ability to go anything between 160 and 190 yards.......

Longer shaft doesn't always equate when comparing hybrids to irons. My 3 iron (a proper 20 degree 3 iron) actually goes further than my 20 degree rescue...the rescue is longer but the ball flies higher.....