Mizuno F60 5w 18*
Mizuno Mx23 irons 3-pw
Mizuno MP-T wedges 51*-08
56*-13
MD Golf NV Drew Tralee putter 34"
also Taylormade ItsyBitsy Monza Spider 35"

Sonartec Md 19* driving cavity
Mc Gregor lob wedge 60* s-flex

thats my set up at the moment which i am quite happy with, was using a taylormade 15*3 w but wasnt hitting it well so decided to change to the mizuno one as the 5w was such a great performing club and thought it would be beneficial to have matching 5 and 3 w for greater consistancy , i also went from a 15 to 13.5*loft for a more even spread of loft.

i will sometimes drop a wood or driver or 3i in place of the sonartec driving utility in windy conditions as its flight is easily manipulated. am trying not to carry the lob wedge at the moment for fear of using(or not correctly using) it... with regards to the putters its a long story

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Driver
3 wood
3 iron hybrid
4-pw irons
3 wedges
Putter

That 3 wood's practically a driver Mono!
I'd swap the 3 to a wood of about 16/17 degrees. That would lessen the gap between 3 wood and 3h - give you a better spread.
I've got
G10 Driver 10.5
Titleist 906F4 15.5 and 18.5 fairways
Titleist 585 24 degree Hybrid
5-pw(46) Cally X-20 Tour
Ping Tour W wedges 50, 54 and 58
Ping Karsten Piper Putter.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I dont know if I dare?....Yep I dare!I disagree with Homer,
If you have any clubs that you are happy to play with you can be consistant.

I have three sets of clubs that are different to each other yet I can play just as well with each of them, in fact yesterday I added a cheap dunlop 64* wedge to my bag (have not used it for weeks and weeks)and used it to great effect twice. So I dont agree that club switching affects consistancy so long as you have a few shots with them before playing a round.

Billy

Club Champion
Visit site
Doesnt anyone carry a 4 wood anymore?
Driver
4 wood
18 rescue or swap with 2 iron sometimes
3-sw
putter
All ping

D

Deleted member 1147

Freddie - If you want to buy me a 2 iron then please feel free!

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Spend the money on lessons and get yourself to the range as often as possible. Changing clubs every other week wont make you a better golfer. Although I can't talk as I was the same when I was a junior.

D

Deleted member 1147

Sorry Freddie, your post said re: Gil Emott in the details. So I thought it was aimed at me. The offer still stands if you fancy buying me a 2 irons :p
I know I've a 3 iron missing but at my club the short clubs tend to be more important as it's only a short course and I'm a big hitter so I rarely need to use a 3 iron.

golfnut18

Assistant Pro
Visit site
give me a long iron any day of the week!! theyre a joy to hit and i find them far more consistent than a rescue wood, even from the rough. However i always use a resue wood of the tee - seems to produce a more stable strike.

Billy

Club Champion
Visit site
Sorry Freddie, your post said re: Gil Emott in the details. So I thought it was aimed at me. The offer still stands if you fancy buying me a 2 irons :p
I know I've a 3 iron missing but at my club the short clubs tend to be more important as it's only a short course and I'm a big hitter so I rarely need to use a 3 iron.

Isnt your hybrid the same as a 3 iron :D

Billy

Club Champion
Visit site
give me a long iron any day of the week!! theyre a joy to hit and i find them far more consistent than a rescue wood, even from the rough. However i always use a resue wood of the tee - seems to produce a more stable strike.

wots your h/cap

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Driver 12*
3 wood 15*
Hybrid 20*
4i 23*
5-PW
50/56/60
Putter.

I have a 18* 5 wood which is good but due to the short course I play I prefer the extra wedge for the short game, but a longer course I might opt for 5 wood instead of the 60&.