14th club recommendations

sallan2021

Visit site
Hi I have a bit of dilemma what 14th club to put in bag. Any recommendations would be helpful. Currently have

Driver 10.5
3 wood 15
3 hybrid 18
5 iron 21.5
6 iron 25
7 iron 28.5
8 iron 33
9 Iron 38
Pw 43.5
Wedge 50
Wedge 56
Wedge 60
Putter

Albo

Visit site
Your gapping at the top of the bag where amateur players are notoriously less consistent is between 3 and 4 degrees of loft, yet at the bottom of your bag where we need more control over distance and tend to have better consistency, your at 6….
Id rework your wedges

sallan2021

Visit site
Your gapping at the top of the bag where amateur players are notoriously less consistent is between 3 and 4 degrees of loft, yet at the bottom of your bag where we need more control over distance and tend to have better consistency, your at 6….
Id rework your wedges
Yeah I was going to add a 46 degree Wedge where that gap is but pro in shop put me off and said 5 wedges is too many

Albo

Visit site
My wedge set up is very similar, I’m not sure what my PW is, but after that I go 50, 56, 60.
When I next get wedges I will probably go 50, 54, 58, or depending on my PW loft maybe 48, 52, 56

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Yeah I was going to add a 46 degree Wedge where that gap is but pro in shop put me off and said 5 wedges is too many
5 wedges is too many for the pro thinking your PW is 48°, I reckon. Tell them the lofts and it's a case of needing a 46 or 47° club (don't call it a wedge) and see.if they change their mind.
I'm with Albo in this.
Dando would suggest a chipper.

HPIMG

Visit site
I stop my irons at a 5 also but have two hybrids a 3 wood and driver. What distance does you clubs go. My 3 hybrid goes about 50 yards more than my 5 iron so I carry a 4 hybrid. I would say definitely don’t add any more wedges, I have 4 and could probably play with 2 just as affective.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I would potentially lose the 50 and replace with a 48 & 52.

Alternatively, if you don't experience any gapping issues on course, just chuck a left handed chipper or wedge in there for all those times you're up against a tree. 👍🏻

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
5 wedges is too many for the pro thinking your PW is 48°, I reckon. Tell them the lofts and it's a case of needing a 46 or 47° club (don't call it a wedge) and see.if they change their mind.
I'm with Albo in this.
Dando would suggest a chipper.

Don’t diss the chipper

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
IMO it would be better to write down your distances for each club and it will probably be obvious where the gap is. With different manufacturers and shafts it is not always an exact comparison with loft and distance

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
A left handed (presuming you are right handed) ladies 6-iron for when you are in suitably awkward positions.
I recommend "ladies" because I find my swing is much weaker left-handed and somehow it just feels a lot more comfortable to practice what is a trick-shot, I suppose.

;););):unsure::unsure::unsure:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
It depends where you feel an additional club gives you some different.

I also think an additional hybrid around 22 degrees might be an option. Regardless, I hit my hybrids further and higher than the similarly lifted iron.
I should have read all the replies before typing mine.
Perhaps replacing the 18° hybrid with a 16° and a 20° would work.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
What part of your game is making you think that you need an extra club?
I can’t see an obvious gap where slipping in another club would make a difference, more likely you would need to take a couple out and put 3 in to achieve, more or less, what you have already got

How confident are you with your 5 iron? If it’s very good, leave well alone, but if it’s a bit iffy, consider a 5 hybrid in its place

D

Deleted member 1147

1 or 2 iron for off the tee on dry running courses