what a nice compliment

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Played my home course today on my own. I got stuck behind another single player who was moving relatively slowly, so on the 10th tee he waved me through. He was a guest from another golf course. I offered to play together, but he said he was more comfortable by himself. He said I was moving so much faster than him, so I should play through. And then he asked me if I was playing for our ladies team. Now, that's hilarious, I am a lousy golfer who hasn't broken 100 yet. But he said my swing was looking so solid, I really looked like I should be a team player. (To be fair, I had been hitting some super nice shots on the holes before ... and he obviously did not see me putt ...)

I kindly thanked him and then absolutely smashed my driver to the middle of the fairway, forever cementing his believe that he saw a true golfer on the course today (and I hope he did not see my next shot go into the trees) :giggle:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played my home course today on my own. I got stuck behind another single player who was moving relatively slowly, so on the 10th tee he waved me through. He was a guest from another golf course. I offered to play together, but he said he was more comfortable by himself. He said I was moving so much faster than him, so I should play through. And then he asked me if I was playing for our ladies team. Now, that's hilarious, I am a lousy golfer who hasn't broken 100 yet. But he said my swing was looking so solid, I really looked like I should be a team player. (To be fair, I had been hitting some super nice shots on the holes before ... and he obviously did not see me putt ...)

I kindly thanked him and then absolutely smashed my driver to the middle of the fairway, forever cementing his believe that he saw a true golfer on the course today (and I hope he did not see my next shot go into the trees) :giggle:
Hahaha.... that's lovely :LOL:

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe giving you some self-belief? There’s a saying “dance like no ones watching”. Maybe you should play golf like everyone’s watching. Some people perform better for a crowd so you could imagine here’s a gallery in your next comp and see what happens. For a laugh you could even do your own commentary like you’re on telly

“And here Capella sizes up this difficult chip shot, difficult for most but we expect this ball to be dead in 10 seconds”

No one has to know! What have you got to lose?!

👍🏻

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There’s a woman at my club she has the swing of a LPGA tour player seen her practicing couple of times and very impressive.
Got a shock to find she is off 25 hcap.
Can’t putt she says.

Always try your best on every shot as you never know who’s watching.
A nice compliment now and again does wonders for your confidence.