Weather

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ours is closed and underwater.Brilliant. 😠
We have been closed since Monday but open today (carry only) and only playing round to the 14th and up the last (15-17 shut due to conditions). Not sure how long that will last after another bout of biblical rain for the south today and doubt we'll be open for the comp on Saturday. Plenty of flooding (including around the Oracle shopping centre in Reading) and so wet everywhere.

If this is now the norm and milder conditions mean less opportunities for it to get cold enough for snow, heavy, regular rain will cause annual issues unless significant and immediate investment is made into ensuring sewage doesn't escape, places are protected from the risk of flooding and travel infrastructure better protected

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of my weather apps says winds up to 75mph on Sunday! What on earth?? Is that fast enough to be considered a hurricane??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's the weather forecast like for Newcastle the next few days ? my daughter is thinking of spending a few days there.
Bitter. It should be dry but it will be at or around freezing with a wind chill to take it into the minuses. Dry is key though, so that is good. Layer up, no bare extremities, lip balm 😄. I'm sure she knows the score 👍

I should add, no snow here so far.

What is she looking to do in Newcastle?

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bitter. It should be dry but it will be at or around freezing with a wind chill to take it into the minuses. Dry is key though, so that is good. Layer up, no bare extremities, lip balm 😄. I'm sure she knows the score 👍

I should add, no snow here so far.

What is she looking to do in Newcastle?
She's going with her boyfriend to visit some old friends from her Tenerife days.
Heavy snow was my main concern, getting stranded etc.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just spent an hour watching young Bradley Tash at football training. Sweet Lord it was soddin freezing. Cold to the bone and noticed this last year that when my hands get cold, they don’t just get cold but they hurt.
Out on my MTB tomorrow. Wish me luck.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
She will be fine here, still no snow this morning. Thick frost, no snow, none due.
It snowed for a couple of hours yesterday, but it's gone.

It is freezing though, -4 here at the moment, but "feels like" -10 according to the Met Office. Same again tomorrow, but warming up a good bit by the weekend.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It snowed for a couple of hours yesterday, but it's gone.

It is freezing though, -4 here at the moment, but "feels like" -10 according to the Met Office. Same again tomorrow, but warming up a good bit by the weekend.
Ah, okay. It's clear in morpeth, same in amble. Same temps but we haven't had any snow at all, thankfully.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had laryngitis all week and the forecast for my football tomorrow night is -2°, with a 'RealFeel' of -5°. Hmmm.. currently trying to see if someone can take my place. 🥶