Weather

D-S

Visit site
Well I know that I have expressed some scepticism to them about the amount of water trees suck up in winter…as deciduous trees drop their leaves in winter to minimise transpiration and preserve their internal water supply; if they continued to suck up water as in rest of the year maybe they wouldn’t have to drop their leaves? But it seems that these folks have decided that there is a direct correlation between tree removal on a hole and a saturated area of fairway where historically it hadn’t been 🙄
You could also tell them that tree roots naturally search out water and therefore drainage lines and routes are where they often go, so the presence of some trees will counteract a lot of drainage work that has been done.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was nice and warm last weekend, looks to be nice today as well and hopefully into this weekend. Still a couple of spots of rain predicted though. March and April were pretty horrendous, there's no doubt about that.
So I was wrong, apparently rain is predicted this weekend. Very warm today though. :rolleyes:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Been nice down here today and yesterday...a bit of breeze holding the temps down a bit but most pleasant
Going to start raining tomorrow lunchtime and stop in about June.......

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It’s not been particularly wet near me in the last couple of weeks. But it’s just not warming up. I’ve played only a few holes in a t-shirt so far this year and the shorts are yet to see the light of day. I usually wear them from early April through to October on the course, my rationale being that waterproofs over trousers are too warm.

And the lawn has only needed two cuts so far.

Only 2 cuts. I’m cutting the bowling greens 3 times a week.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's stopped raining. Got a time and I've played. But the forecast is for rain all week and a quick chat to our pro and he said that the County golf have rules lift and place on fairways until the end of the month!!!! Very squelchy on the back nine (flood plain).