Weather

Springveldt

Visit site
Another hopeless piece of forecasting. Absolutely hammered it down overnight, course closed.
Yeah same. Woke up and thought ā€œwhere the hell did all this come from?ā€. Newbiggin closed as well, going to use the Trackman instead for a couple of hours.

I hadnā€™t checked the weather since the other day because it all looked fine. I was expecting to wake up to a nice sunny day with no wind, not watch a river of rainwater run down my front path.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have had to water my garden the last week.
In South Ayrshire we seem to be getting away with all this extreme wet weather.
I noticed the North West [of Scotland] have issued wild fire warnings so it must be pretty dry up there.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Another hopeless piece of forecasting. Absolutely hammered it down overnight, course closed.
The Met Office ten day deep dive videos that are published weekly give a great insight and understanding into the nature of the UK weather.

One on 1st May explained how uncertain the weather forecast for the coming ten days was. They showed all the modelling runs and the particularly and consistently high level of uncertainty associated with the forecasts for all of this week - including that which is run on the main TV and radio channels. I find them fascinating.

And more pertinent for the weekend and next weekā€¦that from two days ago.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Can't believe we got to see them in Milton Keynes, absolutely beautiful

20240510-232647.jpg

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Been listening to the gutters being overwhelmed for circa 10 minutes šŸŒ§, despite the forecast suggesting it ought to be sunny.
Popped up a browser and there's an article (acknowledge is probably click bait) saying this summer will be wetter than last year šŸ˜

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Second day back from a week in Turkey where it was 30Ā° plus every day. Played today, it rained and I had to wear a jumper. FFS, it is June at the end of the week.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Second day back from a week in Turkey where it was 30Ā° plus every day. Played today, it rained and I had to wear a jumper. FFS, it is June at the end of the week.
Would love to go back one day. The lads at the club and I haven't mustered the enthusiasm to organise anything though after fighting for 2 years to get our money back for our covid cancelled holiday in 2020.

AussieKB

Visit site
I fly out today for Perth in OZ, we have been crying out for rain and it finally arrived yesterday in a big way, severe thunderstorm, wind and hail, just talked to the wife and our gauge showed 32 mil, down the road they got 70 mil, and another thunderstorm due this weekend, so no golf for me.

Played 12 times this trip and only got wet once, on the IOW, very lucky, most golf was in shirtsleeves.

Wishing you all a hot summer.