Vice golf balls - experience to date

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure if the AD333 tour comes in yellow? It's similar to the Vice Tour but I find the 333 spins more then the Vice tour.

That'll probably be because the AD 333 Tour directly compares more closely to the Vice Pro than the Vice Tour because of the urethane cover.

Vice Tour would be more directly comparable to the NXT Tour or the old Srixon Trispeed.

NXT could be best bet if you want a similar ball in yellow that's easy to source.

UlyssesSky

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the other suggestions. NXT Tour doesn't come in yellow, only the NXT Tour S, which is noticeably softer. I'll have a look at the Callaways.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just pulled the trigger on 60 of the new Vice Pro Plus 4-piece balls, even had a cheeky bit of text added :thup:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
The pro plus are a good ball. I find I was hitting them further with a better flight than my usual zstars.
will need to place an order for some more soon

Mitchell89

Club Champion
Visit site
Just received my second round of these. They even sent 6 boxes even though I missed the deadline of that promotion by a few weeks.

This time I went for the pro. Last time I went for the pro shooter which I thought were cool but I got a few odd looks and eye rolls when playing partners I was unfamiliar with saw the big gun on it.

S

Snelly

I just bought two boxes of shooters too. Will post my thoughts when I have played with them.

S

Snelly

My Pro Shooter balls arrived today. If they are as excellent as the packaging then they will not disappoint. Very impressed with the brand experience so far.

Fingers crossed that they play well as it will mean I become a long term customer for Vice.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I finally got round to trying one of my sample Pro Plus balls at the weekend. I'm sorry to say that I didn't like it at all. Have been patiently waiting for better weather, tee'd up on the first and caned it down the middle like a monster, was in fact very good off the driver. Unfortunately, it didn't fair so well for me off the irons or the putter, felt way too soft and didn't go anywhere near the distance I get from other three piece balls. Irons were a club short at least, and putts were markedly shorter, i.e. I had to hit it a lot harder, which made it a bit scary to play. I gave up after two holes and went back to the Bridgestone I had been playing previously. On Tuesday, I decided to give it another try, if only to be fair, but experienced the same issue, fires well off of my driver, but lousy off of my iron strikes. this time I went back to a ProVx which was as good off the driver, and way better off my irons.

Of course, I'll be the first to admit that it may all be down to me, fine with that, but I'll be sticking to balls that I know I can get on with.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My Pro Shooter balls arrived today. If they are as excellent as the packaging then they will not disappoint. Very impressed with the brand experience so far.

Fingers crossed that they play well as it will mean I become a long term customer for Vice.

Got mine also, excellent packaging and communication via Fed Ex tracking :thup:

JV24601

Head Pro
Visit site
My normal ball is ProV1x but I decided to get a dozen of the Pro Plus balls after reading some great reviews about them.

They came really quickly and the packaging and presentation is excellent.
Everything about the ball is pretty classy but on the course is where you want it to be the best and for me, it wasn't.
It feels softer than the ProV1x on impact so therefore feels a little nicer around the greens, but it travels considerably shorter than the ProV1x with my swing on it.

I've got a few balls left but I've just changed back to my original and it feels much nicer, and my distance instantly came back.
Yet again, another dozen balls purchased and the same result.... nothing beats the ProV1x, or even comes close to it for that matter!

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I gave up on Titleist years ago when they became soooo robbingly expensive and IMO not all that much. Went to Bridgestone, liked them and used them since. I've got the 5 dozen deal of Pro Plus and there just as good as Bridgestones and the robbers, and I don't find any difference in distance in fact if anything there a little longer on the irons and I ain't good enough to feel the difference between one premium ball to another.

D

Deleted member 15717

Still got all of mine, and not been able to use them yet as still losing my Pro V1s.

The comments of a ball being a club shorter do make me chuckle a bit though...I would say that would be very much strike induced. Even Titleist reckon there is only a few yards between their 'Distance' ball and their 'Premium' ball

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Still got all of mine, and not been able to use them yet as still losing my Pro V1s.

The comments of a ball being a club shorter do make me chuckle a bit though...I would say that would be very much strike induced. Even Titleist reckon there is only a few yards between their 'Distance' ball and their 'Premium' ball

I agree, just played with mine for the first time and loved them, I know it's warmer and firmer but I was much longer than I have been off the tee, my irons were almost much of a muchness but a nicer feel but seemed to hold the green better than I'm used to, very nice feel off the putter face, all in all I'm very happy and pleased with them 👍🏌⛳️

JV24601

Head Pro
Visit site

Best thing to do to is on a good day (swing wise) test them.
If you're lucky enough to have Track Man also then great. There is simply no comparison to the ProV1x for me. Consistently longer than the other balls I've used, including Wilson Staff FG Tour, Vice Pro Plus, Bridgestone Tour B330-S, Srixon Z Star and Callaway Chrome Soft.

Continue to chuckle away though if you're not willing to accept that.
Each to their own I say. I'm certain people will have a Callaway ball which they swear by and won't entertain a Titleist, and that's great for them as we're all different.
Work out which is the best for you.

D

Deleted member 15717

Best thing to do to is on a good day (swing wise) test them.
If you're lucky enough to have Track Man also then great. There is simply no comparison to the ProV1x for me. Consistently longer than the other balls I've used, including Wilson Staff FG Tour, Vice Pro Plus, Bridgestone Tour B330-S, Srixon Z Star and Callaway Chrome Soft.

Continue to chuckle away
though if you're not willing to accept that.
Each to their own I say. I'm certain people will have a Callaway ball which they swear by and won't entertain a Titleist, and that's great for them as we're all different.
Work out which is the best for you.

I shall, don't worry! Distance isn't a major factor for me when choosing a ball. Whatever feels good off the face of putter, wedges and irons (in that order) will head into the bag

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I finally got round to trying one of my sample Pro Plus balls at the weekend. I'm sorry to say that I didn't like it at all. Have been patiently waiting for better weather, tee'd up on the first and caned it down the middle like a monster, was in fact very good off the driver. Unfortunately, it didn't fair so well for me off the irons or the putter, felt way too soft and didn't go anywhere near the distance I get from other three piece balls. Irons were a club short at least, and putts were markedly shorter, i.e. I had to hit it a lot harder, which made it a bit scary to play. I gave up after two holes and went back to the Bridgestone I had been playing previously. On Tuesday, I decided to give it another try, if only to be fair, but experienced the same issue, fires well off of my driver, but lousy off of my iron strikes. this time I went back to a ProVx which was as good off the driver, and way better off my irons.

Of course, I'll be the first to admit that it may all be down to me, fine with that, but I'll be sticking to balls that I know I can get on with.

I still have two of these balls left, so decided to give one another try yesterday. Played the Bedfordshire, a fairly windy course on the side of a hill with a stiff 2 club breeze in the face. The Vice ball was a different performer...... or maybe I was a different performer..... Still great off the tee, but irons and putting were also good too. With the exception of one poor drive into the wind, the ball played the whole round really well, very happy with it indeed. Choices, choices.... do I persevere with these, or stick with the Wilson DX3 Urethane at £22 a dozen? Postponing decision until I've played out the last two....

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Shot 5 under handicap today with my Vice Pro +, a ball is not just for Christmas 😜🏌⛳️