Vice golf balls - experience to date

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've done the same, wanting to find a replacement for the Bridgestone.
Also ordered 3 gloves.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
QUOTE=3565;1426175]I've done the same, wanting to find a replacement for the Bridgestone.
Also ordered 3 gloves.[/QUOTE]

I'm a convert to the Callaway Chrome Soft. It's a great ball.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've used their top of the range ball for some weeks now and they are every bit as goot as a Pro v or any other premium ball and I'd say more durable too! As someone who's played the wrong ball too many times its a bonus playing a ball that not so many use!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have been using the Pro throughout the summer and find it superb, as Chris says, every bit as good as a ProV or Z-Star. Got some of the Tour balls for softer winter conditions having used Srixon TriSpeed previously and they are actually better, in my opinion.
Overall very impressed with Vice, the printing service was also very quick and of very high quality.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
ordered mine yesterday at about 11am and they are currently at Stansted airport so they don't mess about with shipping them!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
well my box arrived at 7.45 this morning. great service considering they weren't due to turn up until Tuesday!
first in hand impressions of the ball and they will get lost at Walton Heath nest week.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
image.jpg
My order has just turned up this minute, impressed with the service since it came from across the water.
The gloves are very nice and soft leather that comes in a resealable plastic pouch that will keep them dry in your bag on days like today.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Had a chance to play around with these fro a couple of rounds now. Once at my home course and once at The Oxfordshire which may not have been the best test....

The Drive - horrible. Actually flies well off the driver, but absolutely awful with irons, like slapping a stone, no feel what so ever for me. Similar to Titleist Velocity/ Srixon Distance. Used it for two holes and won't be using it again.

The Tour - like this one a lot. Drove it pretty well into the wind at the Oxfordshire the other day. Flies really well off the driver and a nice feel with the irons and the putter. Similar to NXT Tour/ Wilson DX3

The Pro - like this one too. Drives well and lovely feel with the irons, although I didn't feel that I hit it as well as a proV. That may be down to me not playing too well on the day. Need to play with it some more. Similar to ProV/ Z-Star

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a chance to play around with these fro a couple of rounds now. Once at my home course and once at The Oxfordshire which may not have been the best test....

The Drive - horrible. Actually flies well off the driver, but absolutely awful with irons, like slapping a stone, no feel what so ever for me. Similar to Titleist Velocity/ Srixon Distance. Used it for two holes and won't be using it again.

The Tour - like this one a lot. Drove it pretty well into the wind at the Oxfordshire the other day. Flies really well off the driver and a nice feel with the irons and the putter. Similar to NXT Tour/ Wilson DX3

The Pro - like this one too. Drives well and lovely feel with the irons, although I didn't feel that I hit it as well as a proV. That may be down to me not playing too well on the day. Need to play with it some more. Similar to ProV/ Z-Star

i do concur captain.
Tried this against the AD333 Tour the other day. So very much similar in construction with both.
Whist bouncing the balls on the club face I found not much difference between the 2. I did find with the driver the 333 tour was a nicer feel a little softer off the face. I also think the 333 tour is better through the air then the Vice tour which I think might be due to the fact that I found the 333 does spin more then the Vice. I hit 2 wedge shots both had same flight and landed similar distance and whilst the Vice stopped right next to the pitch mark the 333 tour spun back 20ft.

As for distances they were comparable to each other tho I think the Vice will go that little extra due to more spin factor IMO on the 333, I'd have to get on a launch monitor for data.

All in all, I think the Vice tour is a great ball and I actually preferred it with my irons then the 333. Ideally I'd like the 2 balls to merge together for me. I've not tried the Pro or Pro+ yet, but for golf during the winter months the Vice Tour will be for me.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
image.jpg[image.jpg

QUOTE=Dan2501;1430073]Anyone used the Vice gloves? If so, how do they compare to the Titleist Players?[/QUOTE]

I bought 3 gloves, not tried them as yet. But feels very nice, softer then the Bridgestone Cabretta that I use, I've not tried the Players glove but I know that they are good. This is a small, if anything I'd like the fitting to be a little tighter on my hand as it would stretch, but overall I think it's a quality glove. Wear wise, don't know and won't for some while as I don't like using new gloves during winter period.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played with the Pro ball today and very impressed. Driving and 3 wood off the tee seemed to be comparable with Pro V ( on away course so need to compare at home ) Irons seemed to be same distance but was playing off a mat. Very responsive around the green and came off the putter face nicely.

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
View attachment 18022[View attachment 18023

QUOTE=Dan2501;1430073]Anyone used the Vice gloves? If so, how do they compare to the Titleist Players?

I bought 3 gloves, not tried them as yet. But feels very nice, softer then the Bridgestone Cabretta that I use, I've not tried the Players glove but I know that they are good. This is a small, if anything I'd like the fitting to be a little tighter on my hand as it would stretch, but overall I think it's a quality glove. Wear wise, don't know and won't for some while as I don't like using new gloves during winter period.[/QUOTE]

I have short fat hands. I buy a small, and whilst it around the hand, I still have an inch of fabric at the end of each finger. Any ideas ?