Vice golf balls - experience to date

D

Deleted member 16999

What's everyone's opinion on having their own logo printed? I'm a designer and so have my own logo for my cv and such. Do people think this is massively pretentious and showy off?

Not all, saves time marking them anyway, go for it!

UlyssesSky

Head Pro
Visit site
My girlfriend is a designer so I got a sketch of my face printed on mine. Biggest advantage is I can smack myself in the face with a golf club whenever I'm playing bad...

TheCaddie

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Quite like the look of the caps as well, but I am not good enough to pull one of those bad boys off yet!!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Selected Box arrived yesterday, heading down to the range tonight so will be giving them all a go on the putting green and seeing how they roll and feel. Impressed so far, great presentation on the box and the Pro and Pro Plus feel really soft. The Drive feels very similar to a Srixon Distance. Looking forward to giving them a go on the course!

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My Selected Box arrived yesterday, heading down to the range tonight so will be giving them all a go on the putting green and seeing how they roll and feel. Impressed so far, great presentation on the box and the Pro and Pro Plus feel really soft. The Drive feels very similar to a Srixon Distance. Looking forward to giving them a go on the course!

be interested to hear how the "drive" perfrom compared to the srixon distance.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gave the Drive a good test yesterday, and not a fan TBH. Felt like a cheapish Distance ball, similar to the Srixon Distance. Didn't really like the feel off the putter face, and didn't stop much at all on the greens. Hopefully get chance to get back out on the course soon and give the others a go. So far though, I loved the Pro, and wasn't impressed at all with the Drive, and wouldn't buy them again.

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Gave the Drive a good test yesterday, and not a fan TBH. Felt like a cheapish Distance ball, similar to the Srixon Distance. Didn't really like the feel off the putter face, and didn't stop much at all on the greens. Hopefully get chance to get back out on the course soon and give the others a go. So far though, I loved the Pro, and wasn't impressed at all with the Drive, and wouldn't buy them again.

Is it "if you like the srixon distance give this a go" verdict or just a "steer clear"?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah definitely more of a "if you like the Srixon Distance" give it a go camp. Personally, I don't like the Srixon Distance, so was never going to be for me. Give it a go though, you might like it.

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Any thoughts on the pro+ and the tour?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got my delivery of 5 dozen today and went for a quick 9 this evening. First impressions of the Vice Pro are very impressive. Long off the tee, as long as a Pro-V1 anyway, and spin like mad in to greens. Importantly they feel soft off the putter.
A sound investment and at c.£22 a dozen I think I will be sticking with them. Durability also very, very good. After 38 blows, a quick wipe and it could pass for new.

Great value for money.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tried the Tour for 2 rounds this weekend and absolutely love them. Great feel of the putter, spinny, good feedback off the irons and good distance with the driver. Feels like a softer version of an AD333 Tour for me. Very durable too. I used two balls for at least 10 holes each and not a mark on them. Think I'll have to invest in a few dozen once I've worked my way through my Chrome Soft's and rest of my Vice balls.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I ordered a batch if the Pro Plus balls on Tuesday and they arrived today - great service! I tried chipping and putting with them and they feel very much like a Pro v1

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My girlfriend is a designer so I got a sketch of my face printed on mine. Biggest advantage is I can smack myself in the face with a golf club whenever I'm playing bad...

Great idea could get my boss on mine. Hate the c@@t. Sometimes I pictures his head at the back of the ball on the first. Always guarantees me a extra ten yards. Guess I should thank him really.

But seriously Don't know if I risk buying these I play Z star xv's which I got fitted for. And you need to buy 60 really I feel to make it worth while as 12 for 30ish quid not much more I buy the Z stars for.

Last edited:

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Great idea could get my boss on mine. Hate the c@@t. Sometimes I pictures his head at the back of the ball on the first. Always guarantees me a extra ten yards. Guess I should thank him really.

But seriously Don't know if I risk buying these I play Z star xv's which I got fitted for. And you need to buy 60 really I feel to make it worth while as 12 for 30ish quid not much more I buy the Z stars for.

Just buy a box (or a tester pack) to try them. 30 quid to find out then you can bulk buy if you like them.