Vice golf balls - experience to date

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If you've held onto it for 4 rounds, I'd buy a couple of hundred more.

I've only used the 1 and only ball I've taken out the sleeve so far for 4 rounds also, it's tried on occasions to escape and hide but there's no hiding place on my course I don't know about, I just have to keep them dry and away from the river and ponds, even the Fish can't retrieve those 🤔🏌

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've only used the 1 and only ball I've taken out the sleeve so far for 4 rounds also, it's tried on occasions to escape and hide but there's no hiding place on my course I don't know about, I just have to keep them dry and away from the river and ponds, even the Fish can't retrieve those 樂

Just to remind you that there were no ponds or rivers on the 1st at Woburn
:mad:

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried the Vice leather glove I bought a while back tonight for the first time, very impressed. Feels just like any other quality leather glove but it's a bit longer in the wrist.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The only downside, after 4 rounds with it, it is a distinctly off white colour now, despite cleaning before driving. Looks like it's been nestling the woods for a few months.

I lost my 1st ball on Friday very early in the round after a good handful of rounds but I did notice how creamy looking it had become when I get a couple of balls out on the practice putting green, it didn't change it's performance in any way but I can tell you that it definitely doesn't float!

My 2nd ball lasted both rounds on Saturday & Sunday with much better results than my previous rounds, even picking up the spoils on Sunday, but again in just 2 rounds it does lose it's whiter than white look!

To be honest I don't really care about this minor fading of colour, the ball feels great around the green with delicate chips and putts and that's more important to me than it turning slightly off white.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ive been noticing recently that they do scuff pretty quickly, thats probably down to having the grooves on my wedges sharpened but thats similar with all premium balls. Still love the Pro & Pro+ from Vice.

S

Snelly

I have now played two full rounds with a Vice Shooter ball so here is my verdict. They are excellent.

They are as long as anything else I have played with off the tee, feel good off the club face with full shots and are a very nice ball to pitch with from 100 yards in.

The biggest surprise to me though was how they are to chip with. Very soft, lots of control and they land well. I hit four high lob wedges from the fringe of the green and all finished close bar one which was a flier from a fluffy lie anyway. One of the best balls I have played with recently for chipping feel I would say.

Lovely to putt with too.

To me, they feel just like a Pro V1. They are also noticeably softer around the greens than the Callaway Chrome Soft that I have been using recently.

I am very impressed with them and the next time I buy some, I will place a large order to benefit from the volume discount.

Vice golf balls - highly recommended. :thup:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have now played two full rounds with a Vice Shooter ball so here is my verdict. They are excellent.

They are as long as anything else I have played with off the tee, feel good off the club face with full shots and are a very nice ball to pitch with from 100 yards in.

The biggest surprise to me though was how they are to chip with. Very soft, lots of control and they land well. I hit four high lob wedges from the fringe of the green and all finished close bar one which was a flier from a fluffy lie anyway. One of the best balls I have played with recently for chipping feel I would say.

Lovely to putt with too.

To me, they feel just like a Pro V1. They are also noticeably softer around the greens than the Callaway Chrome Soft that I have been using recently.

I am very impressed with them and the next time I buy some, I will place a large order to benefit from the volume discount.

Vice golf balls - highly recommended. :thup:

Don't want to say "we told you so" but .................😄

D

Deleted member 15717

Got 2 dozen Pro (I think...might be 1 dozen and 3 sleeves) available to sell on if anyone is interested...

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played with a vice pro some kindly soul left for me on the course. I preceded to birdie the first two holes and miss a few birdie putts on the next five before suffering a double bogey, bogey finish. The ball felt heavy or solid. Driving distance was comparable if not better that chrome soft. Shots with scoring clubs were controlled and there is a consistent amount of spin. Putting was good the ball rolls well, and face feedback was good. Don't ask me how but I achieved a 260 yard 7 wood - 60 yards beyond the intended point on a par 5 and in the front bunker, which still has me scratching my head.
Managed to talk a chap in work to share a 60 batch ... 30 balls should see me out for the season 🤔

S

Snelly

If you can't get on with Vice balls, it's you, not the balls..

They are absolutely brilliant. Fact.