Vice golf balls - experience to date

Fish

Banned
Visit site
On the website , Pro is Prov1 and Pro Plus is Prov 1x

I gave a 4 handicapper who is a Pro V1x stalwart one of my Pro+ balls and he is seriously wavering, he was hugely impressed with it :thup:

I might buy another 60 and start punting them out in £8 sleeves or £29 dozens to make a few bob :eek: :cool:

simplyme

Head Pro
Visit site
Do they not give you the option of ordering 3 balls? I would like to try the Pro Plus model but can only see the option of 12 balls. 6 f which I don't wish to try :)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Do they not give you the option of ordering 3 balls? I would like to try the Pro Plus model but can only see the option of 12 balls. 6 f which I don't wish to try :)

I think the smallest order is a selection pack so you can try 4 different sleeves from the range. They come from Munich so I can't see a 3-ball sleeve being a viable option for them to post or for customers to pay the postage costs!

Buy a dozen, they'd be pretty easy to move on without losing a penny with so many fanboys on here :thup:

S

Snelly

I tried Vice today. First tee - brand new ball - big cut out of bounds into some lucky chap's garden.

Oh dear.

Second ball, identical.

Hit two shots, lost two brand new Vice Pro Shooters.

I am unsure at this stage how the ball performs as it wasn't enough of a proper test. However, I can say with certainly that Mizuno balls which I also tried today, are long off the tee but very clicky off the putter and when chipping. They are okay but I wouldn't buy them and prefer Callaway Chrome Soft.

I used the Mizuno for the remaining 17 holes, got 34 points (albeit off 6) and took the money in the fiddle. :)

It was very windy so not easy but gloriously sunny and a joy to be on the course.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried Vice today. First tee - brand new ball - big cut out of bounds into some lucky chap's garden.

Oh dear.

Second ball, identical.

Hit two shots, lost two brand new Vice Pro Shooters.

I am unsure at this stage how the ball performs as it wasn't enough of a proper test. However, I can say with certainly that Mizuno balls which I also tried today, are long off the tee but very clicky off the putter and when chipping. They are okay but I wouldn't buy them and prefer Callaway Chrome Soft.

I used the Mizuno for the remaining 17 holes, got 34 points (albeit off 6) and took the money in the fiddle. :)

It was very windy so not easy but gloriously sunny and a joy to be on the course.

so what's your own named balls like, have you tried them?

S

Snelly

You are correct on this occasion Murph. Snell golf balls. Not sure how good they are.

Looks like a similar business model to Vice. They won't ship to anywhere except USA and Canada though.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I really fancy trying Vice balls but think the logo looks naff. Is it just me that thinks this? :mmm:

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I really fancy trying Vice balls but think the logo looks naff. Is it just me that thinks this? :mmm:

Really don't care if it does, I don't have to worry about anyone playing my ball as they'll look twice cos it's out of the ordinary, and the best bit is it's as good as the ProV and not over inflated in its pricing either unlike the ProV.

S

Snelly

I think the Pro Shooter logo looks great. It is a .357 Magnum - what's not to like? :)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Still persevering with my last two Pro Plus. Was quite windy last night (circa 20mph according to BBC), was very impressed with the ball driving into the wind, very little loss of distance and no slice/ fade. Perhaps I was swinging particularly well last night, I don't know, but the ball certainly flew well. The only downside, after 4 rounds with it, it is a distinctly off white colour now, despite cleaning before driving. Looks like it's been nestling the woods for a few months..... Got one more left before I have to decide on a new purchase.... These or the Wilson DX3 Urethane.