What's your ideal time to turn up for a game of golf?

What's your ideal time to turn up for a game of golf?

• An hour +

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • 30 to 60 mins

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • 30-45 mins

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • 10-30 mins

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • 0 - 10 mins

Votes: 8 7.6%

• Total voters

HeftyHacker

Visit site
If its a Friday afternoon round after work it's 0-10 mins.

I'm usually logged on until half 12 then straight in the car, 20-25 mins to the course then change my shoes in the carpark (sorry) and run to the tee for my 1pm tee time.

On a weekend or comp round I like to get there 10 to 30 mins before, have a chat with the pro, get the inevitable wedge thins and fats out the system in the net and then a couple of putts and chips.

Don't like to get all the good shots out my system before the round!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the main the guys I play with like to get to the club more than hour before our first tee time. There is as much banter before the round as there is afterwards.
We do a draw well before the first tee time so that guys that want to warm up on the range have time to do it.

Boomy

Visit site
I hate rushing for a tee time ?

Casual game: 30 mins - loosen up, hit some balls into the net, a few putts and a gentle stretch.

Competitions: 45 mins - as above but a bit more of everything and get signed on etc.

Away games: 1 hour+ - As casual game but get a butty and a coffee before playing as well (if available)

Always try to go in for a post round coffee and quite often something to eat as well. Always good to support our clubs.

D

Deleted member 25172

Ideally closer to 60 min than 30. Bit of a warm up, some chat with the others etc. The longer I can be at the club the better as I love the social side almost equal to the golf itself.

Even though it’s none of my business I can’t help being annoyed with “car-park members”.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
An hour minimum if there is a decent practice facility.
Start with putting, then chipping, then pitching, then full swing with wedge, 8, 6, 4, 2, 3w driver. Then straight to the first tee and tee off as soon after as possible.
Stating the obvious, the first tee shot counts the same as the last one so why wouldn't you give yourself the best chance of making a good start.
I'm not sure all that would give me the best start. I'd be knackered and/or bored after hitting that many shots in a warm-up.

D

Deleted member 31582

Any longer than 30 mins and you're talking >5hrs golf time. For the mid-level handicapper, that's enough.

I don’t follow this logic?

If I have the day free, I’ll happily arrive at my club, or one I’m visiting at least an hour before, I’ll relax by enjoying the club facilities, have some food, have a look around the Pro shop, get the feel of the putter on the practice green, a couple of chips then off to the tee.

Afterwards I’ll meet my playing partners in the lounge or bar, have a drink, some snacks, then deconstruct our rounds whilst taking the mick out of each other.

That could be at least an hour either side of the round, so a decent 6hrs at the club. I personally don’t see that as ‘golf time’, and if it is, great, but, I see absolutely no relevance to that scenario or anyones time frames being at their club in association with their handicap ??‍♂️

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Never been one to practice, so arrive just to be ready on the tee about 5 minutes before my time.

When selected for teams, especially away, hate the hanging around before hand and obligatory using of the putting green etc.

Thankfully, none of our 4-ball are big on practice before a round but I know guys who have full routines in excess of an hour (including chatting).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No kids to worry about and HID very accommodating about my golf so I can always get there early and hit balls/warm up, play and have food and drink without any time constraints. In the summer I can happily spend the day at the club hitting balls and playing a few holes

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve got my current course timed to perfection. Arrive at the course 5 mins prior to tee off. Change shoes, get gear out. Quick walk/slight jog to the first tee, putting glove on as I go. Couple of loosening stretches, 2 practice swings, then go. If I’m playing elsewhere I might arrive 10 mins earlier to sign in etc. No interest or inclination to practice or strenuously warm up prior to a round.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
30-45 minutes.

I’ve always been superstitious about using the range before a round, as I don’t want to use up all my good shots before I even reach the first tee, so never bother.

Cup of coffee, chat with whoever is in the clubhouse, followed by some chipping and putting, half a dozen practice swings and away we go.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
30-45 minutes.

I’ve always been superstitious about using the range before a round, as I don’t want to use up all my good shots before I even reach the first tee, so never bother.

Cup of coffee, chat with whoever is in the clubhouse, followed by some chipping and putting, half a dozen practice swings and away we go.
Why not use up the bad ones instead? That's what I try and do. :LOL:

Newtonuti

Visit site
Aim for an hour, most the time end up being 30-40 minutes before. Grab a coffee, hit 30 balls to get loose, hit a few to practice first tee shot, then bit of chipping and putting before heading out.