US Open 2024

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
exactly, Bryson showed class and Rory didn't. Rory only has himself to blame by missing 2 short putts in the closing holes. Bryson showed pure golfing excellence on the 18th. He had a horrific lie on the 18th and just decided to knock it into the bunker instead of trying a hero shot.

In what way didn’t Rory show any class ?

It’s all a bit pathetic tbh - people making judgments on how someone reacts when they lose one of the biggest competitions in their sport

Rory was off the course by then prob heart broken about what happened

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
In what way didn’t Rory show any class ?

It’s all a bit pathetic tbh - people making judgments on how someone reacts when they lose one of the biggest competitions in their sport

Rory was off the course by then prob heart broken about what happened

I think that's the point people are making. he lost a big tournament, but you don't need to run away like a petulant child. Bryson is becoming a big fan favorite because of the way he conducts himself both on and off the course irrelevant of what happened. All Rory does is turn people away from him.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I think that's the point people are making. he lost a big tournament, but you don't need to run away like a petulant child. Bryson is becoming a big fan favorite because of the way he conducts himself both on and off the course irrelevant of what happened. All Rory does is turn people away from him.

He didn’t run away like a “petulant child” - in what way was he “petulant”

What else was he supposed to do ? Hang around for a party - he just left the course after finishing his round and not winning

It shouldn’t even be a discussion point

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
He didn’t run away like a “petulant child” - in what way was he “petulant”

What else was he supposed to do ? Hang around for a party - he just left the course after finishing his round and not winning

It shouldn’t even be a discussion point
It’s only a thing because the Rory bashers are making a thing. Just like they were all over themselves when Bryson stopped by the disabled kid between holes. Just as Rory did just before Bryson. But they never mentioned that.

How many other players went to shake his hand after hanging around?

Bryson might have done it before, but he’s on a massive PR drive. Rory doesn’t need to do that.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It’s only a thing because the Rory bashers are making a thing. Just like they were all over themselves when Bryson stopped by the disabled kid between holes. Just as Rory did just before Bryson. But they never mentioned that.

How many other players went to shake his hand after hanging around?

Bryson might have done it before, but he’s on a massive PR drive. Rory doesn’t need to do that.

Bryson signed the kids hat - Rory didn't.

Karma is a bitch ;-)

Swango1980

Visit site
Didn't Rory congratulate Brooks Koepka when he won his last Major? Then, when the camera's don't pick him up congratulating Bryson, time to make a big fuss?

People need to calm themselves down. He just lost a Major in a very painful way, he'll have been intensely frustrated and upset with himself. I don't blame him for making himself scarce, rather do something public for the cameras. I'm sure him and Bryson know each other, and he'll offer him a private congratulations at some point, if he hasn't already. The media, and the rest of us, don't really need to be in on that to be honest

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
BDC - whilst that’s prob the worst driving display seen in a final round of a major his iron play was outstanding, think he only hit 3 fairways and two of those were a bounce out of the rubbish - they mentioned about a cracked face ?

BDC changed his driver head on the range less than ten minutes before teeing off on the final round. The speculation was that he had perhaps cracked the driver face, forcing him to swap heads.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I don't think it's an issue that Rory didn't shake hands - but he did take off without doing any interviews, so it's stirred up interest in the closing stages of the event and put some focus on how Rory handled a defeat versus how Bryson handled a defeat.

Surely any right minded person would agree that they'd have liked to have seen a more magnanimous Rory, while understanding his frustrations and reasons for making a swift exit?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If Rory wants to have less focus on his off course life then this does nothing to quell the media storm. Personally I think it was poor from. At our level if I'd just lost the club championship (net prize obviously lol) in similar circumstances I'd still be there at the end to congratulate the winner and wouldn't run off to the car park and go home or hide in the bar

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I don't think it's an issue that Rory didn't shake hands - but he did take off without doing any interviews, so it's stirred up interest in the closing stages of the event and put some focus on how Rory handled a defeat versus how Bryson handled a defeat.

Surely any right minded person would agree that they'd have liked to have seen a more magnanimous Rory, while understanding his frustrations and reasons for making a swift exit?
The fact that this is a bigger story than Bryson winning does highlight who is the real needle mover though 😉.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The fact that this is a bigger story than Bryson winning does highlight who is the real needle mover though 😉.

Thats the sort of response id expect from you BiM
It just highlights the levels of stupidity on forums where people are trying to defend ‘their man’

Visit site
I would have thought that it was part of a player's contract with the PGA to conduct interviews with the media before and after the event.
I am shocked at the manner of Rory's departure, he should have at least shook Bryson's hand, and conducted a short interview. If I was running the PGA, I would fine him for that......how much prize money did he receive.......$2million? ......well I would be holding that back until he apologised.

TigerTime

Visit site
He's becoming a fan favourite because his PR team are telling him how to act.