US Open 2023

HeftyHacker

Visit site

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
LACC looks a great venue.

Really looking forward to seeing how it plays. It has a LOT of half-par holes. It's a shame they haven't got it firm and fast with tight run offs around the greens, rather than some of the thick fescue in some places. The bermuda hasn't really grown as they have had some cooler conditions...but that could be a good thing.
The major disappointment is the time zone difference. Going to be a killer to try and watch it until the end

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
LACC looks a great venue.

Really looking forward to seeing how it plays. It has a LOT of half-par holes. It's a shame they haven't got it firm and fast with tight run offs around the greens, rather than some of the thick fescue in some places. The bermuda hasn't really grown as they have had some cooler conditions...but that could be a good thing.
The major disappointment is the time zone difference. Going to be a killer to try and watch it until the end
You what?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The course looks amazing. But it is going to kick the 💩 out of them.

We could easily see an over par score win.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You what?
It's a thing, honest.
Long par 3s and short par 4s.
Works well for match play, will be interesting to see how it works out in stroke play.
For an example of how dull holes which only play to par can be, there was a playoff in a Ladies tour event that went on for ages because it was pretty much impossible not to make par on the hole that they were using.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a thing, honest.
Long par 3s and short par 4s.
Works well for match play, will be interesting to see how it works out in stroke play.
For an example of how dull holes which only play to par can be, there was a playoff in a Ladies tour event that went on for ages because it was pretty much impossible not to make par on the hole that they were using.
Bingo

Par may well be truly irrelevant this week. Some short par 5's, some long par 3s, short and monstrous par 4s. Feels like it could be a game of chess all the way to the end

Jason.H

Visit site
Well, the 2023 US Open is upon us and the tee times are out - https://www.usopen.com/2023/tee-times.html
Who de we fancy to win it this year.
Will be good to see Brooks and Rory out together.

I'm not sure who I fancy to win it yet, but hard to see past Brooks, Scheffler, Rahm and Rory.

How do people see Rory as a favourite? Not being funny but he’s the last person I’d put my money on. Love to see Hatton win it.

D

Deleted member 1147

How do people see Rory as a favourite? Not being funny but he’s the last person I’d put my money on. Love to see Hatton win it.
He's not playing great at the mo', so i doubt he will win. But his ranking, and the fact he is often there or thereabouts, must make him one of the favourites.

AussieKB

Visit site
He's not playing great at the mo', so i doubt he will win. But his ranking, and the fact he is often there or thereabouts, must make him one of the favourites.
Maybe after all the rubbish (Mod Edit) he has had to put up with can help motivate him, plus he could tell Jay where to stick it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
If Scotty can get his putter going it’s hard to see past him.
Too short a price to back tho.
I’ll go Fleetwood for a bit of Value at 33’s.