US Open 2023

Springveldt

Visit site
What TM, and a lot of other people have not understood, is that there is 25/30 yards of fairway to the left of this drop off which is where you want the ball to be, so you can see the green. Also, the chances of a ball dropping like this in the competition will be unlikely. The ball will have some forward momentum. It's a choice for the player. Hit short of the slope that feeds to the right, and have a longer shot in....or take it on and risk going down the dell and have a blind shot if you don't get it right. Will be great to see those who can execute, and those who don't
That makes a lot more sense. From the tweet I thought he had dropped the ball in the middle of the fairway and it rolled all the way down there. I've not seen the course at all so had no prior knowledge to fall back on.

D-S

Visit site
My wife was just checking start times to see who she wants to watch and said

"This is weird. Two tee start up until 5pm uk time...then a gap till 8pm. What's that about, are they putting a Society out in the middle of the Comp?" 😁
I assume if you have a two tee start then you need a gap as players come round the turn?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
My wife was just checking start times to see who she wants to watch and said

"This is weird. Two tee start up until 5pm uk time...then a gap till 8pm. What's that about, are they putting a Society out in the middle of the Comp?" 😁
That is unusual but I suppose the last of the two tee starters who started on 10 (@5pm) will have cleared the first by 8pm.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I've gone each way on Fleetwood and Hovland due to recent form, Homa and Fowler because they're local boys, Cantlay and Morikawa because they hit a lot of fairways (Morikawa is also an LA guy) and Koepka, just because. All small bets each way just for a bit of fun.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Thursday and Friday are going to be loooooooong days. We might even see a 6hour round.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
D

Deleted member 25172

Got Nick Hardy in the clubs sweepstake. Worst spent £10 ever. :poop:

D

Deleted member 1147

EAL moaning about the bunker on 13th. Always makes me laugh when people with terrible technique blame the sand.

D

Deleted member 1147

Travels the world playing all sorts of courses etc.

Content is pretty good - have you seen the clip of the Aussie bloke playing a shot from the pub in St Andrews to the 18th green? Also his!
No, not seen that o_O

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Who is this Lang fella?
What's his background
Absolute grifter.

'All about the vibes maaaan' 'doesn't matter what you shoot' (but also claims to be a 5 handicap).

Regularly hosts 50 person texas scrambles at golf courses. As in...50 people playing one hole. Get. In. The. Bin.