US Open 2024

C7usk

Visit site
It did look good - there was a few run off that’s were overly penal and you did need a touch of luck at times but it was a fair test if you put the ball in the right place
I am maybe going against the flow here... But I actually got a bit fed up with the upturned bowl greens... It ended up being a bit of a short game contest... Repeatedly.. Don't get me wrong I loved the drama it created.. But I felt that it was to penal... I would've preferred the rough to be tougher and the greens a little bit easier.. The amount of times people were getting away with wayward drives was surprising.

Morfeen75

Visit site
This is so good!

I don't understand people revelling in Rory's disappointment or the subsequent anger at him skipping his media duties, as someone said earlier, he's a human being just like you and I, life is hard enough at times as it is, why can't we be kinder to one another?
It's our British trait, we always have to find fault or complain. It was an epic final round of golf, there was so much entertainment in that back 9 and someone had to lose. Had BDC lost he would've been called for "bottling" it.

Rory will bounce back, his putting has improved massively over the last 18 months.

WirralC

Visit site
Fantastic 4 days, one of the most enjoyable majors for some time I think. Rory will be kicking himself he didn't at least make a play off but at the end of the day it was Bryson that won it with that bunker shot as much as Rory blowing it. It's one of the great thins about this game that the best players in the world can miss from inside 3 foot just like we can!

Still not 100% convinced that Bryson isn't being a bit fake like Mickelson was, but happy to give him the benefit of the doubt as he's great for the game at the moment.

RichA

Visit site
Rory seems to be getting some heat for not shaking Bryson's hand before rushing off to the car park..
Thoughts ?
The win belonged to Bryson.
Rory's loss should never be the headline. If he stuck around to shake Bryson's hand it would be for the cameras and essentially for himself.
He did the right thing to slink away quietly. For all we know he has congratulated him privately. Everything doesn't have to be public.

AussieKB

Visit site
Think Rory will regret not shaking his hand and then leaving......can understand his disappointment but if this went the other way how would the press have blown it up ?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Rory seems to be getting some heat for not shaking Bryson's hand before rushing off to the car park..
Thoughts ?

Thoughts - it’s irrelevant at the end of the day and it’s a perfect example of the “pettiness” within the sport

Rory wasn’t playing with BDC - he shook the hands of the players he was playing with

Players are required to hang around and wait to shake the hand of the winner

If Rory was playing with BDC he would have shook his hand

MACM85

Visit site
People are pointing out that Bryson showed some class and took time to shake Xanders hand at the PGA..

That is down to BDC and his relationsip with Xander. Rory might not be that close to BDC and didn't feel the need to have a PR stunt just to "look" good

RichA

Visit site
People are pointing out that Bryson showed some class and took time to shake Xanders hand at the PGA..
People are desperate for something to dramatise.
We're all different. When there's a party some people like to shake hands and say "Bye" To every person present. Some of us prefer a discreet exit. Personally, I prefer the ones who don't make every event about themselves.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
exactly, Bryson showed class and Rory didn't. Rory only has himself to blame by missing 2 short putts in the closing holes. Bryson showed pure golfing excellence on the 18th. He had a horrific lie on the 18th and just decided to knock it into the bunker instead of trying a hero shot.