Upton by Chester- TonyN&ColinQ vs RGDave&Sammmebee

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Golf clubs- Check.
Shoes- Check
Sky caddy- Check
Weather???? Nevermind, its dry i thought as I made my way to the club early for a sneaky putt.

15 mins on the green and my oppo turned up to join me, closely followed by RGDave and then Sammmeebee. Straight to the first and a challenge from Dave and Sam to take on the members. After numbers were crunched We got on with it!

Only Dave managed to find the green with the first with sam pulling left and Colin powerfading right, Me, I found a tree that saw fit to head my ball back towards my feet!

Anyway, the visitors took the hole and off to the second.

Second hole is IMO hardest on course but not the S.I 1. Dogleg left with OOB down left and a big fence blocking anything slightly pulled. 4 great contacts off the tee, only 3 balls on the green stuff. Daves ball clipped a branch and I assume took a diversion through one of those little black holes from 'who framed rodger rabbit'

My tee shot ended up right behind a tree with 160 to go. I hit a great punch with a 5 iron that just trickled off the back, a delicate chip and a putt was a good up and down for me to win the hole with a net 3.

On to the 3rd and the golf got better, 4 good 4's raised the spirits a little and we headed off to the 4th, another par 3 that saw Colin stuff one to birdie territory but leave his first putt shorter than Danny De Vito.

It was pretty much tit for tat most of the way round with all of us having our Moments. Sam was a little wayward off the tee today but his iron play at times was nothing less than phenominal. Long par 4 he hits fairway, I miss (on purpose, see Lies damn Lies post) and pull a 3 wood pin high, left of green in an ideal spot to get close. Sam nails a 3 iron? so close, he couldn't of missed the putt with his eyes closed. Stunning birdie, very well deserved, but I managed to get up and down to half the hole. (sorry sam)

S.I 1 Dog leg left par 4. All 4 tee shots make the corner nicely and we all have a crack at the green. Sam has a bunker to fly that was flirting with the pin. He says before he hits the shot, 'this will either be very good, or in the bunker' a unanamous vote decided, it was very good as it dropped out of the sky like a guided missile locked onto its target with military precision. He was definitly picking shrapnel out of the hole!

All sqaure as we we walk to the 18th tee. Sam Nails the drive of the day up the tightest hole. Must have been a good 270 up that hill. A great chip and 2 putts gave him a good par, equalled by that of my oppo and it finished honours even.

Dave struggled with his shoulder but was a good sport non the less and as always, was great company. I know he was dissapointed with his performance but it was clear he was hurting all the way round, Yet still put up a good fight.

Sammmebee was a pleasure to watch as he strikes his irons so so well. He hit a great approach to the par 5 16th only to watch it spin backwards off the dance floor. :D

I enjoyed the day out and I am sure Colin did too.

Sorry no pics, I forgot the camera. I will let the other guys add there bits and fill in any gaps I have missed!

Dave, Sam, thanks guys, we must do it again!

Be good to hear your feedback on the course.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sam was a little wayward off the tee today but his iron play at times was nothing less than phenomenal.

I'll second that!

He was not happy with this 3 iron (although the result gave him a smile) but the shot into the S.I. 1 holes was simply *the best* golf shot I have seen live. He had to carry those pesky bunkers (we went in the front trap - you know mine was actually right next to yours 'till I picked it up trusting sam to make the birdie) and said "this is either going to be really great or a huge disaster".....sam should do the lottery with predictions like that!

I thought the course is looking much improved from just a few weeks back and it was good to see some great drives from everyone (not including myself, sadly) Colin had some good 'uns, you had some nice ones (I thought the 5th was good) and Sam hit a few scorchers.....

Some highs and lows for us all, but a good day out.....

Bring on the warm weather and the course will be sweet.

Thanks for putting it together....I'll bring some spare Tileists and a spare shoulder next time.....thank goodness I had a trolley!!! maybe I was cursed..... :cool:

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would love to be able to record my golf.

There are certain shots I would just never tire of watching. Sams approach to the 14th would be one, his approach to the 12th would be another.

I will be looking to sort a day out for the forum at my gaff late summer if possible. I hope Sam and Dave can both make it back.

D

Deleted member 1740

I will be looking to sort a day out for the forum at my gaff late summer if possible. I hope Sam and Dave can both make it back.

I can't wait for that tony, cracking course you have there except for the 17th :mad: :mad: get that hole filled in and it will be right ;)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Tony, you want to record your golf, but the shots you mentioned were played by Sammmeebee.

I think you may have your identity muddled.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
cracking course you have there except for the 17th :mad: :mad: get that hole filled in and it will be right ;)

Don't get me started....I could/should get over this with a decent 5 iron hit properly.....

So far, 2 times out of 2.....pathetic weak pull straight into the crater of sin....

I say, fill it in, make a lake with nice plants and a bridge....move the ladies tee forward 100 yards......

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry for the delay chaps but a great day out was had last week and a fair result all round in the end with an honourable half....

I thought 17 was a lovely hole.....but mebe not in the summer when the greens are a little quicker....

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tony, you want to record your golf, but the shots you mentioned were played by Sammmeebee.

I think you may have your identity muddled.

Mine, Daves, Sam's anyone I play with, as much as I can.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree the 17th could do with being tarted up a bit, but a pond would make it difficult for the pro to collect his balls after his lesson. :D