TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I feel dirty. I've started watching Amanda and Alan in Sicily. I like Alan Carr, the scenery in Sicily looks gorgeous. But Amanda Holden ??. It's a good watch but I need to scrub afterwards.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not a series as such, but watched 2022 : A Year from Space last night.

Satellite pictures of last years big events ranging from the Ukraine war to the wildfires last summer to Glastonbury.

It was visually stunning, should be on All4 if anyone wants to take a look.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finished White Lotus S2 last night.

Great watch, beautifully filmed.

Need something else to watch now as I also watched the last Tulsa episode ( which was a!so excellent).

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
ITV3 showing Morse from the beginning, never watched an episode before, and we're onto episode 4 now I think.

Have to say, and yes I realise these things date, but it's pretty dire.
The episodes get better as Thaw and Whately get used to their characters. I've been a big fan of Morse, Lewis and Endeavour. When I've watched those early Morse episodes as repeats, they seem a bit odd, because Thaw and Whately don't seem to have settled in to what they want their characters to be.
Always interesting to see some very young actors with small roles who went on to greater things, eg Liz Hurley playing a schoolgirl.

D-S

Visit site
The Madoff documentary on Netflix. Simple fraud on an unbelievable scale, perpetrated under the noses of the regulators. Fascinating.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just finished watching the last series of His Dark Materials which has recently been released on iPlayer. So long since I read the books, so I can’t comment on how close to the books the series is, but I did enjoy it.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was looking for a new series to watch and a few websites had The Bear (on Disney+) highly rated.
Crikey what a show, absolutely superb stuff. Done half the series in one go ?
I can't recommend it enough ?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I enjoyed Stonehouse and thought it was a good idea to show the documentary about the case afterward to fill in any gaps and see the real footage. Interesting to see which things they omitted, the alleged domestic abuse for example.
A story that deserved both the drama and the documentary.

Just watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it, not least because I have actually given evidence in the very courtroom they used for the trial scenes!

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
The episodes get better as Thaw and Whately get used to their characters. I've been a big fan of Morse, Lewis and Endeavour. When I've watched those early Morse episodes as repeats, they seem a bit odd, because Thaw and Whately don't seem to have settled in to what they want their characters to be.
Always interesting to see some very young actors with small roles who went on to greater things, eg Liz Hurley playing a schoolgirl.
I'm keeping at it, Thaw especially is odd, he's this semi-aggressive boorish character which is not what I thought Morse was meant to be, I'll see how it changes as we go.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
The Rig on Amazon Prime

Oh dear lord, this is absolutely appalling.

Dreadful ridiculous storyline
Awful effects
Set on an oil rig with zero Aberdonians on it (I've never been on the rigs, but folks also saying the set is laughable)
Only three Scots on the entire show (see above)
Iain Glenn with the worst Scottish accent you'll ever hear and he's from Edinburgh. It's like an American trying to be Scottish
The Canadian lead lassie is as wooden as my desk

Avoid. Maybe 2/10 if yer lucky

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The Rig on Amazon Prime

Awful effects
Set on an oil rig with zero Aberdonians on it (I've never been on the rigs, but folks also saying the set is laughable)
Iain Glenn with the worst Scottish accent you'll ever hear and he's from Edinburgh. It's like an American trying to be Scottish

My brother is a civil and regularly works on the rigs - and lives in Aberdeen, must ask him what he thinks of it…?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
The Rig on Amazon Prime

Awful effects

Not just me then? Watched the first episode, won’t bother with the rest. Utter tosh.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can’t wait for this, the two games are right up there in my top all time 5 list, got high hopes for the tv series ??

Never played the sequel as I was on an Xbox for most of the last generation. Now I have a PS5 I really must give it a go (though part of me wonders whether it will come to playstation plus soon to help promote the series)

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I feel dirty. I've started watching Amanda and Alan in Sicily. I like Alan Carr, the scenery in Sicily looks gorgeous. But Amanda Holden ??. It's a good watch but I need to scrub afterwards.

Urgh, we used to listen to Heart in the kitchen in the morning, pretty harmless pop with light news. etc. No more!! She is in my top 5 hated list.