TV Series - What Are You Watching?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Hmmm. Thought that would be the case looking at the trailer

Deepwater Horizon, the film, on the other hand...(y)

As good as it’s going to get although not very accurate on the work front.
I actually worked for Transocean for 13 years and was offshore when it happened.
A very sad day for the offshore industry although improvements have been made since.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished the two series of the excellent Six. Turns out it was canned :eek:, so no series 3. :mad:

May move on to Jack Ryan 2

New series of Vikings Valhalla coming soon (y)

May or may not look at The Rig. :LOL:

Caught up with the Xmas special of the Detectorists (y)

Started New Amsterdam. Jury is out at the moment. :censored:

I'd say stick with New Amsterdam. I dipped in and out for some time but just started Series 4. I think it improves. If I remember rightly what bugged me at first was the background thump thump thump thing they regularly did. That has diminished and, as often the case, the characters have developed.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd say stick with New Amsterdam. I dipped in and out for some time but just started Series 4. I think it improves. If I remember rightly what bugged me at first was the background thump thump thump thing they regularly did. That has diminished and, as often the case, the characters have developed.

Currently it's trying a bit hard to be bits of ER, Chicago Hope, Grey Anatomy in one.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Currently it's trying a bit hard to be bits of ER, Chicago Hope, Grey Anatomy in one.

True and falls short of all of those, apart from Chicago Hope imo. I've downloaded the first series of ER to start again from the beginning. Grey's is my favourite series of all time I think...maybe joint with ER!

I watched the first of the new 24 Hours in A&E last night. Woman with foot literally hanging off...weirdly fascinating. 90 year old in end of life - so sad. Can't imagine how they do that job and deal with so many different patients and situations.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just finished binge watching The Traitors. A clever idea that I think worked extremely well, though the bunch of very ordinary contestants (a joy in itself) often and continually drew very wrong conclusions from what was happening. But as this was the first group of contestants they didn‘t have any idea of how it worked and what can go on without them knowing.

Now that all who have watched know what can be done the next lot will be a lot wiser and perhaps work out tactics. It was at times a frustrating, and at other times an extremely tense and quite uncomfortable watch (the round table especially…). The final episode was actually (and I can’t believe I’m going to say this) absolutely cracking, just brilliant TV…awesome reality TV for goodness sake.?

Have to say I really enjoyed it - and Claudia Winkleman was indeed the perfect host with her mix of seriousness, fun, and engagement with the contestants, all delivered with a knowing twinkle in her eyes.?

US version is available on the iPlayer tomorrow. Hosted by Alan Cummings who is always entertaining. Think it’s in the same castle as the UK series, but not 100% sure.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have binge watched Happy Valley season 1 and 2. Now to decide whether to wait to binge watch all of season 3 or watch the first couple of episodes and then watch it weekly.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have binge watched Happy Valley season 1 and 2. Now to decide whether to wait to binge watch all of season 3 or watch the first couple of episodes and then watch it weekly.

We've done the same and have been watching it weekly as didn't realise it could all be downloaded...decisions, decisions!