TV Series - What Are You Watching?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Just watched the first 2 episodes off The Rig, just to be clear this is nothing like offshore ???
Not sure what to make off it to be honest, it’s supposed to be a super natural thriller so I might see it out ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Urgh, we used to listen to Heart in the kitchen in the morning, pretty harmless pop with light news. etc. No more!! She is in my top 5 hated list.
I agree. I think she is utterly lacking in talent, I avoid any program she is on. This was recommended to me though, even by someone who knows how I feel about her. I blank her out in this, I'm effectively watching Alan Carr in Sicily :LOL:. It really does make Sicily look lovely and in cold, wet and dark January I need a bit of sunny cheer.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Just watched the first 2 episodes off The Rig, just to be clear this is nothing like offshore ???
Not sure what to make off it to be honest, it’s supposed to be a super natural thriller so I might see it out ?

The Rig on Amazon Prime

Oh dear lord, this is absolutely appalling.

Dreadful ridiculous storyline
Awful effects
Set on an oil rig with zero Aberdonians on it (I've never been on the rigs, but folks also saying the set is laughable)
Only three Scots on the entire show (see above)
Iain Glenn with the worst Scottish accent you'll ever hear and he's from Edinburgh. It's like an American trying to be Scottish
The Canadian lead lassie is as wooden as my desk

Avoid. Maybe 2/10 if yer lucky

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I thought it was great.
I don't normally watch this type of programme, I don't watch I'm A Celebrity, Big Brother or Love Island, that type of thing. Can't stand them.
But this was a bit different, and had the perfect host in Claudia Winkleman. Can't wait until the next series, just hope the contestants don't end up being wannabe TV stars like they seem to have done on the Apprentice and Big Brother.
Just finished binge watching The Traitors. A clever idea that I think worked extremely well, though the bunch of very ordinary contestants (a joy in itself) often and continually drew very wrong conclusions from what was happening. But as this was the first group of contestants they didn‘t have any idea of how it worked and what can go on without them knowing.

Now that all who have watched know what can be done the next lot will be a lot wiser and perhaps work out tactics. It was at times a frustrating, and at other times an extremely tense and quite uncomfortable watch (the round table especially…). The final episode was actually (and I can’t believe I’m going to say this) absolutely cracking, just brilliant TV…awesome reality TV for goodness sake.?

Have to say I really enjoyed it - and Claudia Winkleman was indeed the perfect host with her mix of seriousness, fun, and engagement with the contestants, all delivered with a knowing twinkle in her eyes.?

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just finished binge watching The Traitors. A clever idea that I think worked extremely well, though the bunch of very ordinary contestants (a joy in itself) often and continually drew very wrong conclusions from what was happening. But as this was the first group of contestants they didn‘t have any idea of how it worked and what can go on without them knowing.

Now that all who have watched know what can be done the next lot will be a lot wiser and perhaps work out tactics. It was at times a frustrating, and at other times an extremely tense and quite uncomfortable watch (the round table especially…). The final episode was actually (and I can’t believe I’m going to say this) absolutely cracking, just brilliant TV…awesome reality TV for goodness sake.?

Have to say I really enjoyed it - and Claudia Winkleman was indeed the perfect host with her mix of seriousness, fun, and engagement with the contestants, all delivered with a knowing twinkle in her eyes.?
winkle2.PNG

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Rig on Amazon Prime

Oh dear lord, this is absolutely appalling.

Dreadful ridiculous storyline
Awful effects
Set on an oil rig with zero Aberdonians on it (I've never been on the rigs, but folks also saying the set is laughable)
Only three Scots on the entire show (see above)
Iain Glenn with the worst Scottish accent you'll ever hear and he's from Edinburgh. It's like an American trying to be Scottish
The Canadian lead lassie is as wooden as my desk

Avoid. Maybe 2/10 if yer lucky

Hmmm. Thought that would be the case looking at the trailer

Deepwater Horizon, the film, on the other hand...(y)

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finished the two series of the excellent Six. Turns out it was canned :eek:, so no series 3. :mad:

May move on to Jack Ryan 2

New series of Vikings Valhalla coming soon (y)

May or may not look at The Rig. :LOL:

Caught up with the Xmas special of the Detectorists (y)

Started New Amsterdam. Jury is out at the moment. :censored:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ha ha, I only lasted a month with GT7.
I’m dying to play the LOU1 PS5 remaster, I’ve heard it’s even better than the original but it needs to come down in price first.
Anyway back to tv ?

I am hoping that it will be on PS Plus soon or at least Part 2 may be to help promote the series.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Addressed only really to those who watched the series. Thinking on The Traitors and how the faithful might have a better chance of identifying the traitors.

Perhaps if the money available for each task was split, with the faithful getting all they won in the task and the traitors getting all that was left. In this way the traitors would try and undermine the efforts of the faithful to build up their own pot of money, using their own devious efforts plus coercing others into mucking things up for the faithful, but they’d have to be very careful lest rumbled.

The last traitor to be identified and thrown out before the end would take the traitors pot…unless a traitor won and took the lot. The role of a traitor is pretty darned difficult, being one of 100% deceit and lying, and so the last traitor standing deserves some reward.

Last edited: