TV Series - What Are You Watching?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Such a tough watch. Brilliant acting. Watched most of the 2nd episode with a lump in my throat, holding back tears.
We watched both episodes of Mayflies last night. We had to watch without reflecting too much on our own family recent and ongoing events and circumstances as there were a good few parallels. Seeing Arran across the Clyde was poignant as my sister lived there until she passed away very suddenly back at end of October. Tears were close on a few occasions…or was it just a speck of dust in my eye.

Last edited:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Tried the Bokenwood Mysteries, first episode but the acting was pretty awful for most. Have deleted the 5 series link off the Sky box.

Moved on to the Dalgleish Mysteries. Episode 1 oddly missing from the recordings and not available online so went with episode 2 as they are stand alone stories (I think). It was OK, quite enjoyed it and will give next ep a try

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tried the Bokenwood Mysteries, first episode but the acting was pretty awful for most. Have deleted the 5 series link off the Sky box.

Moved on to the Dalgleish Mysteries. Episode 1 oddly missing from the recordings and not available online so went with episode 2 as they are stand alone stories (I think). It was OK, quite enjoyed it and will give next ep a try
There were 3 episodes in the series, Dalgleish. Might sound odd but see if there is ep2, 3 and 4. I have a feeling that we also couldn't find 1 but worked out that 1 was actually 2 ?.

Yes, they are all standalone so it's not an issue really. There is one small connection in 2 episodes but not enough to matter. I enjoyed them. Back to basics murder mystery, old school.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Boys on Amazon Prime. A sort of anti-super hero show. Some of the dialogue is brilliant. Decent stories too. Binged two of the three series over the last couple of nights. Starting the third tonight.

Happy Valley. Good first episode of the new series. Only issue is the considerable gap since the last series means I’m struggling to remember bits and pieces. Sure it will all slot into place again.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Boys on Amazon Prime. A sort of anti-super hero show. Some of the dialogue is brilliant. Decent stories too. Binged two of the three series over the last couple of nights. Starting the third tonight.

Happy Valley. Good first episode of the new series. Only issue is the considerable gap since the last series means I’m struggling to remember bits and pieces. Sure it will all slot into place again.

Even by previous standards, the opening episode of series 3 of The Boys ups the game

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
(y)
Binging on Series 1 & now 2 first as we hadn't realised we'd missed them.
Was the a 'one off' some while a go? I'm sure I remember Tommy and the back streets scenes.

Just started season 1 last night! 3 episodes in and me and the wife are hooked!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Same with Happy Valley. Started 1st series and already almost through it. When telly gets me emotional I know it's good and that evil git has me frothing at the mouth for justice!

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Finally saw the Christmas Detectorists last night… it didn’t miss a beat, it was just the same as the original series and it was just what I wanted. ?

Started on the 3rd series of Dark Materials too and that’s going well.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
(y)
Bingeing on Series 1 & now 2 first as we hadn't realised we'd missed them.
Was there a 'one off' some while a go? I'm sure I remember Tommy and the Todmorden (?)back streets scenes.

I'd heard how good it was, but had only briefly watched it in the past. Didn't really get involved so didn't know what it was all about.
With series three just starting, I watched the first episode and then binged the other two series on iPlayer. Am now hooked.
Stupidly my binging saw me watching series two before series one, but I put two and two together. Should have been a detective me...
Sarah Lancashire is a superb actress.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Witcher - Blood Origin. Just not very good really. Lenny Henry's limitations as an actor are really exposed here as well. He is supposed to be a powerful individual but it doesn't come across and that weakens the evil element.

If you like the normal Witcher, don't bother with this.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The Witcher - Blood Origin. Just not very good really. Lenny Henry's limitations as an actor are really exposed here as well. He is supposed to be a powerful individual but it doesn't come across and that weakens the evil element.

If you like the normal Witcher, don't bother with this.
My wife loves the Witcher, so wanted to watch this, I gave up after the first, she managed two.. poor would be the kindest thing I could say about it.