TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Australian Traitors, the English version was very good but the Aussie version is very very good, they don't mince their words and have some great arguments calling eachother out .

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Currently watching myself buy a house in Spain a few years back, if you flick on channel 4 right now, you might catch the end of it. :ROFLMAO:
I'm confused. You mean you didn't waste their time just for a jolly in the sun? You didn't demand sea views, pool, balcony for €60k, and then throw a huff when they showed you what €60k gets you? Just strange ;)

Which show was it? Which presenter did you get?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I'm confused. You mean you didn't waste their time just for a jolly in the sun? You didn't demand sea views, pool, balcony for €60k, and then throw a huff when they showed you what €60k gets you? Just strange ;)

Which show was it? Which presenter did you get?

We wasted our time and about 30 grand as it happens, but you live and learn. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, it was a great experience doing the show (we filmed with Damon and Sophie on Sun Sea and Selling houses), and when we bought the place we thought we’d be there for a long time, but Covid came along, caused a fair bit of disruption - and over the next 18 months we realised we’d be better off back in the UK. Lovely place to live if you are retired and comfortable financially, but if you are still reliant on generating an income, the wages are meagre.

Last edited:

D-S

Visit site
Recent viewing
Fargo 5 - as good as the others and that means truly excellent
Reacher 2 - wrong book, he isn’t a team player and it exposed his leaden acting but watchable, I hope they pick a better book next time as I will give it another go.
True Detective Night Country - very good so far but a touch supernatural?
Traitors - compelling TV that I am sure I would hate, we binged both seasons. Might even do the Aussie on.
Griselda - 1 ep in and looking promising
Succession 4 - rewatched the whole season on a couple of long haul flights. Magnificent viewing, great acting - best use of a score ever.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting a bit annoyed by True Detective S4. The plot is barely moving. I like tone and setting but it needs to get on with things.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Getting a bit annoyed by True Detective S4. The plot is barely moving. I like tone and setting but it needs to get on with things.
I gave up on it last night, part way through ep4. Not a fan of supernatural in regular settings and there is barely a character in it who is likeable. The young policeman, that's all I can think of. It's a hard watch and I realised I was watching for the sake of it, not for enjoyment.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I gave up on it last night, part way through ep4. Not a fan of supernatural in regular settings and there is barely a character in it who is likeable. The young policeman, that's all I can think of. It's a hard watch and I realised I was watching for the sake of it, not for enjoyment.

I didn’t get as far as ep4. Each to their own but it did nowt for me.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Watched episode 3 last night, am still enjoying it, but it certainly has folk divided. I can't see the supernatural theme being the root cause, more likely imo that the mine (or someone) is poisoning the local water and sending folk mad.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched episode 3 last night, am still enjoying it, but it certainly has folk divided. I can't see the supernatural theme being the root cause, more likely imo that the mine (or someone) is poisoning the local water and sending folk mad.
I like the sound of that as an answer to it. Let me know what happens when you have finished it (y). I don't care enough to go back and watch the missing episodes.